What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whats his first name?

CJ

I'm not sure I feel about him yet. Has the arm but that offense is so easy to run, it's hard to tell if he can process the game. How much of it is him and how much is it having a ridiculous receiving room.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

CJ

I'm not sure I feel about him yet. Has the arm but that offense is so easy to run, it's hard to tell if he can process the game. How much of it is him and how much is it having a ridiculous receiving room.

Hmmmm...okay. Thanks. I'll look him up.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

CJ

He's at Ohio State. Ha! Told ya I dont watch college ball :) Good program - cant question that - and yeah, he's making all the throws. What I like? Is the release and trajectory. The ball gets there - more often on a tight spiral - few "wobblers" - 6'3 / 218-220 - good size (would have liked 6'4 or taller......) - but he's got the tools. That much is clear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He's at Ohio State. Ha! Told ya I dont watch college ball :) Good program - cant question that - and yeah, he's making all the throws. What I like? Is the release and trajectory. The ball gets there - more often on a tight spiral - few "wobblers" - 6'3 / 218-220 - good size (would have liked 6'4 or taller......) - but he's got the tools. That much is clear.

He's got tools for days but I question the processing and what he's going to do when he's not throwing to wide open guys like he does at Ohio State. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's got tools for days but I question the processing and what he's going to do when he's not throwing to wide open guys like he does at Ohio State. 

Ohhhh.....that could certainly be. Highlight videos are great for showing a lot of completions to wide open guys - but - on the one video I watched - he did make some nice inside deliveries between defenders - tight and on target - and delivered a good ball while on the run.

How he was seeing the field etc? No clue. I'd have to watch much more film on him - which I probably wont. I just like the style. Technique. He can get the ball......just about anywhere.....and thats kinda the foundation you want for any NFL QB.

It's all academic anyway. Odds of him becoming a Packer? Probably nil.

Ohhhh.....that could certainly be. Highlight videos are great for showing a lot of completions to wide open guys - but - on the one video I watched - he did make some nice inside deliveries between defenders - tight and on target - and delivered a good ball while on the run.

How he was seeing the field etc? No clue. I'd have to watch much more film on him - which I probably wont. I just like the style. Technique. He can get the ball......just about anywhere.....and thats kinda the foundation you want for any NFL QB.

It's all academic anyway. Odds of him becoming a Packer? Probably nil.

Sure. Just questions I have, is all. He's obviously got the pedigree. He was a top 50 recruit for a reason.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

CJ

Exactly.  Those top college program QBs are hard to evaluate.  They are surrounded by talent.  Ohio St hasn't produced a top NFL QB in decades.  Dont hold your breath on Justin Fields.  Maybe Getsy will help him

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Exactly.  Those top college program QBs are hard to evaluate.  They are surrounded by talent.  Ohio St hasn't produced a top NFL QB in decades.  Dont hold your breath on Justin Fields.  

My guy is Jaxson Dart. He's going to be must see TV at Ole Miss. Not sure if he's 2023 or 2024 draft though.

He's got an arm on him. Is he an idiot? I dont know.

Pretty good arm strength wise, good athlete,, not very accurate.  Reading defenses gives him some problems.  Guy can run but doesn't know when to get out of bounds or slide.  Goes for the extra yard on runs which isn't real bright as a QB.  Ended up missing several games, yes he got the extra yard and is out for 3 weeks. Some of it is fixable but we'll see.  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Pretty good arm strength wise, good athlete,, not very accurate.  Reading defenses gives him some problems.  Guy can run but doesn't know when to get out of bounds or slide.  Goes for the extra yard on runs which isn't real bright as a QB.  Ended up missing several games, yes he got the extra yard and is out for 3 weeks. Some of it is fixable but we'll see.  

Agree - a work in progress. Dont wish him ill....but I'm not rooting for him to put it together either.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Why do I get the feeling Rodgers is going to stay and the Packers are going to pass on a generational opportunity to add tons of draft picks between him and Adams?

It's still too soon, but i have been getting the creeping feeling as well that the Packers are going to ignore the whole "A year too early vs. a year too late" rule with regards to aging players. Could be setting us up for a 2004-esque season instead of getting resources for a big reload.

Edited by Striker