What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

2 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Why on Earth would we help get Adams to Rodgers destination if Rodgers is going to try and flex and limit our compensation? Tagging and trading Adams is a no brainer, but I’m not sending him to Denver if they lowball me on an offer for Rodgers.  

This isn't Madden where you can ignore players feelings completely. AR can always threaten and say "I'm retiring" to any deal, which is honestly completely in his rights. He's 39 and has done everything. He's not going to a team that subsequently trades a lot of young pieces for him. 

Just so we can also get on the same page, what are a 29 year old DA and 38 year old AR worth?

-DA- Knowing DA wants to be the highest paid WR hurts his our leverage. The only other similar situation (WR wanting out and money) is probably Diggs (who was younger) and went for a 1 and 3.

-AR going to a competitive roster is probably a 2-3 year commitment before he retires. This is a little unprecedented, but I have a hard time seeing a team give up more than 2 1s for that.

When it all comes down to it, I think Jeudy, 2 1s, and change is probably the right ballpark. That is 3 1s worth of players for guys that could walk in different circumstances. That would massively help our team in the "blow up" scenario.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

This isn't Madden where you can ignore players feelings completely. AR can always threaten and say "I'm retiring" to any deal, which is honestly completely in his rights. He's 39 and has done everything. He's not going to a team that subsequently trades a lot of young pieces for him. 

Just so we can also get on the same page, what are a 29 year old DA and 38 year old AR worth?

I’m sorry, but I think doing Rodgers the solid of adhering to his trade request after he dragged the fans and franchise thru the mud all off-season is more than enough. Gutekunst and Murphys names were dragged by this guy publicly for MONTHS and they have bit their tongues and just taken it.  There is a limit to how much they will let Rodgers dictate terms.  

I don’t know what the trade package for Rodgers will be, but I am confident the broncos will pay full freight for the reigning back to back MVP.  Nobody is buying the retirement talk.  It’s so clearly a leverage play by Rodgers.  

Edited by Cpdaly23

I think Rodgers could have maybe gotten something close to the kind of return some seem to think he will if he hadn't just laid another egg in the playoffs.  He's a 38 year old QB with a consistent history of not playing his best football in the playoffs.  GB currently has 3 straight 13 win seasons, and zero SB appearances to go with them.  That is going to matter when GM's are deciding how much Rodgers is worth in trade.  The film of this most recent loss to SF is going to hurt Rodgers trade value  It was a failure for him as a QB on every level.

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think Rodgers could have maybe gotten something close to the kind of return some seem to think he will if he hadn't just laid another egg in the playoffs.  He's a 38 year old QB with a consistent history of not playing his best football in the playoffs.  GB currently has 3 straight 13 win seasons, and zero SB appearances to go with them.  That is going to matter when GM's are deciding how much Rodgers is worth in trade.  The film of this most recent loss to SF is going to hurt Rodgers trade value  It was a failure for him as a QB on every level.

It's not. Rodgers reputation in the league is concrete. Nothing is going to change. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not. Rodgers reputation in the league is concrete. Nothing is going to change. 

I doubt it declined much.  NFL coaches and GM have egos that they can get the best of most players .

Denver with Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Fant + and additions ( Cobb) is like better collection than Adams, Lazard, MVS, EQ, Tonyan, Cobb

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'm not a cap expert, but not a lot of teams gonna be able to absorb $80m in a package deal. 

Den is Rodgers would rework some of his deal, DA probably gets 25 yr 1, and we are probably paying some for Aaron for 22 (think Det and Stafford)

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m sorry , I can’t get past why we would want Raegor (someone who I really liked in the draft process) dude is awful 

I feel the same about Jeudy.  3 tds last year, 0 tds this year.  Hurt a big part of this year.  Is he fragile?  Good wheels but you can find that in the draft.  Some talk about he had no QB (Bridgewater,Lock), but we will team him up with Jordan Love and expect more???  

Sorry folks, need more proven production.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’m sorry, but I think doing Rodgers the solid of adhering to his trade request after he dragged the fans and franchise thru the mud all off-season is more than enough. Gutekunst and Murphys names were dragged by this guy publicly for MONTHS and they have bit their tongues and just taken it.  There is a limit to how much they will let Rodgers dictate terms.  

I don’t know what the trade package for Rodgers will be, but I am confident the broncos will pay full freight for the reigning back to back MVP.  Nobody is buying the retirement talk.  It’s so clearly a leverage play by Rodgers.  

I get the hard feelings. He’s a 38 year old qb with 1 year on his deal. It isn’t like we have insane leverage either. He isn’t going to play on a team if we completely raid them either. 

What do you think is fair compensation? I said the equivalent of 3 1s and change.

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I feel the same about Jeudy.  3 tds last year, 0 tds this year.  Hurt a big part of this year.  Is he fragile?  Good wheels but you can find that in the draft.  Some talk about he had no QB (Bridgewater,Lock), but we will team him up with Jordan Love and expect more???  

He had 800 yards as a rookie. That’s pretty good.

No matter what happens, we need an infusion of talent at wr next year. Lazard and rookies at wr is setting Love up for failure 

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Fant's a much better option. TEs are a young QB's best friend.

11 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I get the hard feelings. He’s a 38 year old qb with 1 year on his deal. It isn’t like we have insane leverage either. He isn’t going to play on a team if we completely raid them either. 

What do you think is fair compensation? I said the equivalent of 3 1s and change.

I would think 3 first rounders would be a done deal- I suspect Denver would prefer to give up more quantity.

I would guess it’s more like

2022 draft- #9, #63, #95

2023 draft- 1st, 2nd round picks

Jerry Jeudy

FOR

Aaron Rodgers

2023 draft- 4th round pick