What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

35 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Rodgers was leaving why would he need to talk with Gute, Murphy, Ball, and MLF in the coming weeks??  Who BTW, all want him back.   

Couldn't his agent just give them a list of teams???  

The Packers have the power over Adams with the franchise tag.  Why would Rodgers bring that up if Rodgers is leaving regardless?

If the Packers tag Adams, Rodgers has zero control over what the Packers do with Adams.  There no guarantee he's being traded where Rodgers goes.   

For a guy who is leaving for sure, he certainly has a lot of interest in what the Packers are doing moving forward. 

so you have never heard of anyone saying things so it sounds a particular way for others to hear.... that might not actually be what they really want or are feeling??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so you have never heard of anyone saying things so it sounds a particular way for others to hear.... that might not actually be what they really want or are feeling??

Rodgers would never mislead anyone you cockroach

• Like 4

You know what would be an interesting situation?

Rodgers makes his way to Denver......Adams is a free agent and willing to follow......but Denver doesnt want him.

Ha! 

Either they dont want to make him the highest paid WR in the land - or think the AR/DA connection can be a bit stifling....I dont know. 
But even before he takes a snap for them - ARs not getting his way in personnel.

HA! The irony would just crush me! :)

But we will bring in Randall or Jake for you.....

Popped on over to the broncos forum and came away with some interesting points from the prospective of their fan base

1. Most of them are ready to go all in on a QB. The Manning years are still fresh in their mind and they would trade 3 FRPs plus multiple 2nd and 3rds for a chance of repeating those years with Rodgers

2. They recognize that draft and develop strategy hasn’t worked for them at QB. They need to go a different route

3. They think more highly of Rodgers then we do 

4. New owner is gonna want to prove that Broncos are still one of the premier franchises in the league. Bringing in Rodgers means more playoff appearances, primetime games, etc 

5. They don’t want Adams. They already have Sutton and Patrick on decent sized deals. Taking on Adams would allocate way to much cap to the WR group 

I believe Rodgers will fetch us 3 1sts, 2 2nds and either Jeudy or Fant

i see us tag and trading Davante to Vegas for a 1st and 4th rd pick. 

Exciting times coming up. Gute has a real opportunity to see this team up well for the future

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NavyGuy said:

Popped on over to the broncos forum and came away with some interesting points from the prospective of their fan base

1. Most of them are ready to go all in on a QB. The Manning years are still fresh in their mind and they would trade 3 FRPs plus multiple 2nd and 3rds for a chance of repeating those years with Rodgers

2. They recognize that draft and develop strategy hasn’t worked for them at QB. They need to go a different route

3. They think more highly of Rodgers then we do 

4. New owner is gonna want to prove that Broncos are still one of the premier franchises in the league. Bringing in Rodgers means more playoff appearances, primetime games, etc 

5. They don’t want Adams. They already have Sutton and Patrick on decent sized deals. Taking on Adams would allocate way to much cap to the WR group 

I believe Rodgers will fetch us 3 1sts, 2 2nds and either Jeudy or Fant

Exciting times coming up. Gute has a real opportunity to see this team up well for the future

It would be awesome if it works out this way.  I hope the Packers are willing to demand top compensation for both of these guys.  The Packers need to use that franchise tag to get top value for Adams.  Adams to Raiders makes sense .. he's right with Carr, his former college QB.  

39 minutes ago, NavyGuy said:

Anyone know if there’s a compensation scale for franchise tagging & trades?  Or maybe a precedent?

Edited by thrILL!

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers need to use that franchise tag to get top value for Adams.  Adams to Raiders makes sense .. he's right with Carr, his former college QB.  

I don’t know there’s any substance to this Carr-Adams connection that somehow became a narrative. Just bcuz they played together in college doesn’t mean anything more than just that. After all, Desean Jackson never did sign with us to play with his college buddy even tho he had multiple chances to. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t know there’s any substance to this Carr-Adams connection that somehow became a narrative. Just bcuz they played together in college doesn’t mean anything more than just that. After all, Desean Jackson never did sign with us to play with his college buddy even tho he had multiple chances to. 

DeSean never played with Aaron at Cal. Nate Longshore was his QB.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, NavyGuy said:

I would be very surprised if GB got 3 firsts, and more for Rodgerd.   

One can hope, but that seems far fetched

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Spot on 

I was on smoke break with my buddy as I typed that and I couldn't help but start laughing and he was trying to ask me what was funny but I had no possible way to explain that it's my stupid **** posting on a message board

• Like 1