What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

I like the drugs you're on. Cant quite identify them from your words...but they're definitely having an affect :)

No drugs, watch what happens, he'll agree to a deal with the Packers.  It really isn't that difficult to see if you watch his interviews and follow along with both sides.  

I'm also in the camp thinking he's staying. It's fun to speculate where he can go, but tell me what place he has it better than here. 

They will only trade him to an approved team. If Gute has any backbone, he'd say "I'm fine with trading you, but only to the AFC. Pick where you want to go".

So you're Rodgers and you look at the teams you can choose from, deciding where your best shot at a SB is. Sharing a conference with Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, LJax and Burrow is not a smart way to get to a Super Bowl, let alone win one. Not with Brady likely to retire and all of the NFCs elite QBs bunched up in the west division. GB is his best option.

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

No drugs, watch what happens, he'll agree to a deal with the Packers.  It really isn't that difficult to see if you watch his interviews and follow along with both sides.  

Could be...but I'll admit it doesnt feel that way to me. I watch his "interviews" (they're more like stream of consciousness ramblings than interviews IMO....) and I hear a guy laying the groundwork for leaving.......trying not to engender the acrimony and animus Favre did when he left.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be...but I'll admit it doesnt feel that way to me. I watch his "interviews" (they're more like stream of consciousness ramblings than interviews IMO....) and I hear a guy laying the groundwork for leaving.......trying not to engender the acrimony and animus Favre did when he left.

Hes under contract for another year.  Yet he's deciding IF he's coming back to the Packers???? 

No, the  Packers can't afford a 46 million next year,, but theres nothing for Rodgers to decide unless it's retirement OR there's a contract extension to decide on.

On McAfee, he said there will be no stalemate or drawn out negotiations with the Packers.  He said "there will be a conversation with Gute and that will be that".

The Packers have stated they want to keep him..  A trade demand from Rodgers would be a stalemate and would be drawn out getting teams lined up and compensation agreed to.   Rodgers said it will be an easy conversation with Gute.  Demanding a trade isn't an easy conversation.  

I think the media is really blowing this up into something it's not.  Never say never but I'm about 90% sure he'll be back in Green Bay under a new deal.  

What a deal would look like or how it lmpacts Loves future.  I have no idea.

Edited by NFLGURU

53 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sutton, but Jeudy has a lot of upside and is on a rookie 

One could definitely argue Tim Patrick would be the best fit for our offense. Good in the red zone, most consistent hands,, an excellent blocker, and a reasonable contract. Feel like he'd be a fan favorite in GB.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

I feel the same way. I know there are a lot of factors coming into play here but at the end of the day, he probably does not want to come back to a lesser team than last season. But that is what is likely to happen if he chooses to come back. Plus you need to make sure that he is 'happy' which mean Davante needs to be happy. Which I expect he is not about if he gets franchise tagged.

Maybe Gute starts just by doing that. Tagging Adams. See how that goes over with Rodgers and company.

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

One could definitely argue Tim Patrick would be the best fit for our offense. Good in the red zone, most consistent hands,, an excellent blocker, and a reasonable contract. Feel like he'd be a fan favorite in GB.

I would ask for Denvers' TE. Rodgers doesn't like to throw the TEs anyhow. Does Denver have Fant? I'd ask for him.

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hes under contract for another year.  Yet he's deciding IF he's coming back to the Packers???? 

No, the  Packers can't afford a 46 million next year,, but theres nothing for Rodgers to decide unless it's retirement OR there's a contract extension to decide on.

On McAfee, he said there will be no stalemate or drawn out negotiations with the Packers.  He said "there will be a conversation with Gute and that will be that".

The Packers have stated they want to keep him..  A trade demand from Rodgers would be a stalemate and would be drawn out getting teams lined up and compensation agreed to.   Rodgers said it will be an easy conversation with Gute.  Demanding a trade isn't an easy conversation.  

I think the media is really blowing this up into something it's not.  Never say never but I'm about 90% sure he'll be back in Green Bay under a new deal.  

What a deal would look like or how it lmpacts Loves future.  I have no idea.

The packers got him to come back by promising to help facilitate a trade at the end of the season if that’s what Rodgers wants.  Yes, TECHNICALLY they could reneg on that but the consequences of doing so in terms of how players view the franchise would be devastating.  If Rodgers decides he wants out, Green Bay will start working trades.  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I would ask for Denvers' TE. Rodgers doesn't like to throw the TEs anyhow. Does Denver have Fant? I'd ask for him.

They have Fant and the kid from Missouri who's name sounds like it could be a small town in northern Wisconsin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The packers got him to come back by promising to help facilitate a trade at the end of the season if that’s what Rodgers wants.  Yes, TECHNICALLY they could reneg on that but the consequences of doing so in terms of how players view the franchise would be devastating.  If Rodgers decides he wants out, Green Bay will start working trades.  

Havent seen anything definite indicating he wants out. Maybe he does, but lots of speculation though.  

He also has to consider his commitment to Denver or another team that trades for him.  Denver isn't giving up 2 or 3 first round picks for Rodgers and have him decide he's done after next season.  He'll probably needs to commit to playing the contract length.  Does he want to do that???

In Green Bay, it could be year to year for him as far as retirement. Maybe he wants that, maybe he doesnt.

Edited by NFLGURU

4 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Green Bay can always call his bluff on retirement.  If Rodgers retires, they COULD go after signing bonus money as well, which would provide cap relief.  If Rodgers overplays his hand in trying to force a trade AND limit compensation, the packers have options.

Yeah, you don't do that if you are a classy organization. What are they players going to think if you don't help to accomodate him AND you go after his SB. That's what a ****ty franchise would do. This is the sort of thing where there is going to be an agreement between both sides where neither lose too much.

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Havent seen anything definite indicating he wants out. Maybe he does, but lots of speculation though.  

He also has to consider his commitment to Denver or another team that trades for him.  Denver isn't giving up 2 or 3 first round picks for Rodgers and have him decide he's done after next season.  He'll probably need to commit to playing the contract length.  Does he want to do that???

In Green Bay, it could be year to year for him as far as retirement. Maybe he wants that, maybe he doesnt.

“Year to year” won’t work the Green Bay either.  His cap number is too high.  He needs an extension or a trade.  He’s not seriously contemplating retirement, he’s trying to use that leverage to ensure he has some say over where he gets traded.  

I understand that most of his comments this season can be taken in a manner that supports whatever opinion you had going in (Rorschach test!), but the tie breaker for me is that at no point in this guys entire career has he ever truly “allowed room for change and growth”.  The guy still brings up slights from before he was in the NFL for gods sake.  Look at his complete and utter inability to let the COVID thing go… you think this guy is over gute drafting Love?  I’m sorry, I do not.

He will be traded for a hefty sum to Denver, where he will sign an extension with a soft commitment to three more years.  

• Like 1