What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

Y'all understand Rodgers is going to have to agree to the place we send him or he's not going. It would make it a ton easier on him if Adams were part of it but believe we could get more with separate deals. 

Denver seems like the landing spot for Rodgers. If you want to do DA a solid, you send him to Vegas. It also does his buddy Carr a solid because the Raiders would most likely keep him then. 

I want no part of Tua. IF he goes to Denver, I'd take Lock as a backup QB for a year as part of the deal, but his compensation would be considered like a 5th or 6th round pick in the deal. 

Compensation:

Rodgers: 2 -1st, 2 - 2nd and a 3rd would be my starting point. 

Adams: 1st and a 2nd but would settle for a 1st and a 3rd. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Y'all understand Rodgers is going to have to agree to the place we send him or he's not going. It would make it a ton easier on him if Adams were part of it but believe we could get more with separate deals. 

Denver seems like the landing spot for Rodgers. If you want to do DA a solid, you send him to Vegas. It also does his buddy Carr a solid because the Raiders would most likely keep him then. 

I want no part of Tua. IF he goes to Denver, I'd take Lock as a backup QB for a year as part of the deal, but his compensation would be considered like a 5th or 6th round pick in the deal. 

Compensation:

Rodgers: 2 -1st, 2 - 2nd and a 3rd would be my starting point. 

Adams: 1st and a 2nd but would settle for a 1st and a 3rd. 

Dont want either of those QBs in return. Go with Love and have Benkert as backup. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Dont leave Miami without Waddle.

He's a younger version of Davante who shows more explosiveness than DA did at his age - all with a chump or weak armed QB.
They want Adams? Fine. We get Waddle.  Make it happen 👍

Then.....to continue this fantasy.......we draft a top WR coming out of college and we immediately have WR1, 2 & 3 (when we resign Lazard). 

How's that for retooling the WR room?  

Make it happen  :)

But do we have the QB to get them the ball? I'm all for getting what we can for Rodgers, but I want to build a nasty defense and run game. I'm tired of relying on QB centered offense where if he is off, you lose. Rodgers has been great, but I am ready to move on and play a different style of football. Defense looked awesome in divisional game, lets sell off Rodgers and Adams keep Campbell, Douglas, and Smith brothers, would love to see this defense healthy and together for a full season.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Dont want either of those QBs in return. Go with Love and have Benkert as backup. 

Exactly.  If Love can’t swim, the team is better off sinking, and getting one of the top 2023 QB’s (which is shaping up to be a very strong class).

56 minutes ago, Redt said:

But do we have the QB to get them the ball? I'm all for getting what we can for Rodgers, but I want to build a nasty defense and run game. I'm tired of relying on QB centered offense where if he is off, you lose. Rodgers has been great, but I am ready to move on and play a different style of football. Defense looked awesome in divisional game, lets sell off Rodgers and Adams keep Campbell, Douglas, and Smith brothers, would love to see this defense healthy and together for a full season.

I'm not sure why you quoted my comment.

First - I doubt very much if MIA would make that swap: Waddle for Davante - but if they'd entertain it, I'd be all in. Based on the little that I've seen of Waddle - and the even less of Jeudy - I'd jump at the chance to bring Waddle on board. He's got the goods in my book. 

Second - I've absolutely no basis (or need) to throw Love under the bus yet. I'm not an NFL GM and dont pretend to play one on social media. When & if Love actually gets some concentrated playing time, I'll be able to judge him properly. Doing it now is nothing but premature and frankly the extent that some do so is more embarrassing than informative. They've seen as much of him as I have. 

Third - everybody's interested in a strong defense. What thats got to do with a potential AR/DA trade (or trades) is unclear to me.

1 hour ago, Redt said:

It's 2022. There isn't less of a QB centric offense than the one we run. If your QB sucks, you're going to lose games.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, NFLGURU said:

I dont think hes going anywhere, but if he does Id want a perpetual deal.  After the initial deal with multiple first and seconds, Id want a pick as long as hes is playing until he retires.

Fill in the blank for how many firsts and seconds he  brings and the years, after that I want a sliding pick trade until he hangs them up

Example

first and second round picks for 2022, 2023 or more.

after 2023, I get a 2nd round pick every year until he retires.   It could be 0 picks it could be 3 or 4.    Depends on how long he plays.

You’re in for a rude awakening.

22 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my comment.

First - I doubt very much if MIA would make that swap: Waddle for Davante - but if they'd entertain it, I'd be all in. Based on the little that I've seen of Waddle - and the even less of Jeudy - I'd jump at the chance to bring Waddle on board. He's got the goods in my book. 

Second - I've absolutely no basis (or need) to throw Love under the bus yet. I'm not an NFL GM and dont pretend to play one on social media. When & if Love actually gets some concentrated playing time, I'll be able to judge him properly. Doing it now is nothing but premature and frankly the extent that some do so is more embarrassing than informative. They've seen as much of him as I have. 

Third - everybody's interested in a strong defense. What thats got to do with a potential AR/DA trade (or trades) is unclear to me.

Thought it was pretty obvious, you wanted to continue the fantasy by getting Waddle, burning a 1st on a WR, and resign Lazard, great, but my point is, I would rather put the resources into defense as I am not convinced Love is the answer (gives me the Huntley vibe), I know embarrassing take?

I agree that Lefleur's offense in it's purest form is not QB centric, but that is not the offense that Rodgers was running. The connection between a AR/DA trade is draft capital or trade for defensive players, is that such a difficult connection?

58 minutes ago, Redt said:

Thought it was pretty obvious, you wanted to continue the fantasy by getting Waddle, burning a 1st on a WR, and resign Lazard, great, but my point is, I would rather put the resources into defense as I am not convinced Love is the answer (gives me the Huntley vibe), I know embarrassing take? I agree that Lefleur's offense in it's purest form is not QB centric, but that is not the offense that Rodgers was running. The connection between a AR/DA trade is draft capital or trade for defensive players, is that such a difficult connection?

Yeah.....Waddle's not happening. I was just expressing a desire not to lose Davante for nothing. Can we work the cap numbers to actually tag the guy? Sure - numbers are just numbers and can be tabulated in all sorts of ways - but - how (of if) Green Bay's gonna do it - I've absolutely no clue. You'd prefer focusing on the defensive side. Fine. It's all gonna come out in the wash some how. I just hope Gute drives as hard a bargain (or bargains) as he can and we dont get left holding the bag.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I'd take 2 1st for him and call it a day. I would hope we get more but if he does not want to take a pay cut to be here, just move on. It's not like we can do much with our roster this season given our cap issues.

With those thoughts I'm guessing you are having more than a fistfullofbeer.   

33 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Denver writers are suggesting 2-1sts, 2-2nds, 3rd, Jeudy and Albert O for Adams and ARod,  that works for me.

That would be a nice haul.  Put those picks/players along with salary cap dollars in 2023 and that would be a pretty interesting scenario.  Put Rodgers and Adams in AFC with all those young gun qb's .. tough road to haul.

I admittedly am spoiled now that we've had two HoF QB's play the majority of their careers in GB. Whatever they can get for Rodgers in a trade, I would hope they prioritize 'trying' to find the next great QB to play for GB with that draft collateral. (I'm not saying they'll succeed, but just try). That means to me they give Love next season and see how it pans out. If it doesn't, you set yourself up to get in a position to take one of the top QB's in 2023. QB excellence (ok, except for the playoffs, Ha!) has become synonymous with GB. I want that to continue.

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Denver writers are suggesting 2-1sts, 2-2nds, 3rd, Jeudy and Albert O for Adams and ARod,  that works for me.

I'd love that, but I don't want to cut everyone to fit the tag on Adam under the cap. Ideally we could extend Preston and maybe resign Douglas or Campbell, and I'm not in a rush to cut Lowry either. With that haul though I'd love to add another WR and a DL early, though, especially having more picks to spend and really loading up with depth.

• Like 1