Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

Giants head coach Brian Daboll knows who he wants to run his defense, but he’ll have to wait for the Vikings to make a call about their next head coach first.

Patrick Graham interviewed for the opening in Minnesota last week after serving as the defensive coordinator of the Giants for the last two seasons. Daboll said at an introductory press conference on Monday that he would like Graham to remain in that role if he doesn’t get tabbed to run the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/31/brian-daboll-wants-patrick-graham-back-with-giants-if-he-doesnt-get-vikings-job/

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

if it means anything which it probably does not, Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings via Zoom.

i mean... the search committee is flying out to southern CA right now for face to face interviews that they could have done by Zoom too....

They already did Zoom meetings with those that they are now going to meet in person. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

if it means anything which it probably does not, Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings via Zoom.

i mean... the search committee is flying out to southern CA right now for face to face interviews that they could have done by Zoom too....

Didn’t they already do zoom calls with the group in southern CA? I’m sure there’s a multi layer approach with Harbaugh given that you have to first figure out if he’s truly interested or trying to drum interest for a new deal at Michigan. If the interest is genuine and mutual, I’d assume they’d do an in person with Harbaugh. But they can’t hire any of the Rams coaches until after the super bowl anyway, right? Would seem right they actually wanted Ryans they’d have moved quicker on an offer since he’s now available. Not confident Ryans is actually their top choice. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what have you "heard" that hasn't been stated here?

Well, in general what i meant is podcasts, twitter, and reports. Probably alot of what has been posted on here. I didnt mean it to insinuate that i have any inside info, although i do frequently get responses from Doogie, Judd, Coller, Goessling, & Skolbros regarding some specific things. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

JH might ask for QB control. 
I’d give him QB control in year 1 only (keep/trade Cousins, chose stop gap QB, but not drafting QB oversight), if that’s his request to come to Minny, and KAM thinks he is a significant upgrade over KOC/Morris

I’d rather have a football guy making the choice of the most important position. Analytics loves Cousins but obviously he’s extremely flawed. Im inclined to think a HC should make the QB choice anyway.