Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's top 5 one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever read here.  He's far from a whiner.  He's one of the big picture leaders of the team and in the entire NFL.    

He’s a huge whiner and definitely not a leader. Go read his Twitter post and you’ll easily find he’s not a leader. He’s outspoken sure but leader not at all.

12 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

He’s a huge whiner and definitely not a leader. Go read his Twitter post and you’ll easily find he’s not a leader. He’s outspoken sure but leader not at all.

This screams of the old school mentality that players have no choice but to buy in to what the coach is pedaling, "yes/no, coach" or "yes/no, sir"

He's been far from a "whiner."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

More reports continue to confirm that Harbaugh is auditioning for the job, just as O’Connell, Morris, and Graham are. But it’s going to come down to who Kwesi and the Vikings choose. 

Obviously. 

Just hope it’s Harbaugh. He’s the only one I feel confident that can create a winning culture right out of the gate. Feel like Morris and O’Connell May take a couple years just to figure out the basics. 

54 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

https://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/25/how-did-the-jim-harbaugh-trent-baalke-breach-open-up-lets-go-back-through-it-owen-marecic-a-j-jenkins-aldon-smith/

Pretty detailed breakdown of the Harbaugh/Baalke rift. It seems like Baalke was Spielman-ing Harbaugh toward the end.

I wouldn’t call it overly flattering for Harbaugh either. 

Harbaugh is seemingly the opposite of what we’ve heard from the Wilfs and Vikings as to what they are looking for.  

• Like 1

This already has been the most entertaining off-season since Jared and the boys went down to Mississippi to recruit the old gun slinger!! And I include the HAWT TAKES I'm reading in this thread, lol! I watch and read about football just about every day since 1968, and I still don't claim to know which GM, Coach, or QB is great or horrible. For me it is fun, and entertaining, but of course winning is always more fun than losing. For my entertainment value give me the Kwesi/Harbaugh tandem. Kwesi is likely smarter than all of us combined so I trust his decision making more than my, or our collective opinions. And Harbaugh not only has an unbelievably successful winning record, but his eccentricity will be fun to either love or hate no matter if he's winning or not!! The Wilf's seem to like attention almost as much as Tom Brady and his daily retirement, hiring Harbaugh assures them and our Vikings more media attention than was experienced in 2009! Sign him tomorrow and let the circus begin!!!

Edited by DisplacedViking
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Kendricks was a catalyst for the division between coach and team on defense. He’s a whiner.

err... can you substantiate that, please? he was a catalyst?

is this something you feel is factual and documented, or just an opinion you're stating as if it is factual?

• Like 2

Imagine the cajones it would take to turn down a proven winner like Jim Harbaugh and go with a completely unproven guy like Kevin O'Connell/etc... I'm not saying it necessarily is the wrong choice, but if you get that wrong you are toast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

is this something you feel is factual and documented, or just an opinion you're stating as if it is factual?

Look at the defensive rankings over the past 2-3 years and you’ll see the facts. 

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

9 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Look at the defensive rankings over the past 2-3 years and you’ll see the facts. 

the answer is no.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I wouldn’t call it overly flattering for Harbaugh either. 

Harbaugh is seemingly the opposite of what we’ve heard from the Wilfs and Vikings as to what they are looking for.  

They want to bring a super bowl to Mn. He fits that exactly. Morris, O’Connell and Graham are huge unknowns.