Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

19 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You keep bringing up him being coached by Belichick for 20 years but what happened the first year they were separated? Brady won the Superbowl and Bill missed the playoffs... The evidence doesn't support the argument that Belichick elevated Brady. If anything it supports the opposite.

Teams are always going to fluctuate talent, and Brady left the Pats when the Pats were on a downswing. Meanwhile he joined a stacked Bucs team with a great defense, O-line, and WRs. 

I comfortable saying Brady is a top7 all time QB and Belichick a top5 all time coach. 

• Like 1

Just now, Towerbridge said:

What will it take for Brady to be the GOAT?

What does he need to do. 

It's too late. He just never a multiyear streak in his prime where he was the singular best QB in the league and elevated himself above his peers. The peak performance just doesn't match other GOATs. 

11 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

What will it take for Brady to be the GOAT?

What does he need to do. 

End the Israel-Palestine conflict, end world hunger, bring world peace, balance the national budget and make the day after the Super Bowl a national holiday,

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

brady's obviously the goat but like the bolded is clearly not true and waaaaay mad oversimplified

look at the squad brady had in year one with tampa vs the squad bill had with the patriots during that year - it's clownery to draw an inference from their respective performances that brady elevated belichick because of that one year (in so far as what is the correct take, the correct take is that they're both exemplary and combined they elevated each other given bill's defense and the way brady plays offense were perfect compliments)

I'm aware but since we're in a debate where "Brady only has 3 all pros" is being used as an argument for why he isn't the goat I figured using out of context statements for dramatic effect is acceptable at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's too late. He just never a multiyear streak in his prime where he was the singular best QB in the league and elevated himself above his peers. The peak performance just doesn't match other GOATs. 

I'm sure that will cause many sleepless nights for him.

"Man, I played 22 seasons in the NFL, won 7 Super Bowls, guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer, went 16-0, achieved God like status in an entire region of the US and married to a supermodel. But I just never had a multiyear streak of being the absolute best according to some random dude on the Internet."

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Holy crap there is still a holdout on Brady not being the GOAT?

Does he need to get an 8th ring.

Somebody screenshot this to Brady to add more fuel to the fire

Trolls gonna troll

• Like 3

Just now, biggie. said:

I'm sure that will cause many sleepless nights for him.

"Man, I played 22 seasons, won 7 Super Bowls, guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer, went 16-0, achieved God like status in an entire region of the US and married to a supermodel. But I just never had a multiyear streak of being the absolute best according to some random dude on the Internet."

He's obviously insecure. 

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm aware but since we're in a debate where "Brady only has 3 all pros" is being used as an argument for why he isn't the goat I figured using out of context statements for dramatic effect is acceptable at this point.

ok yeah that's entirely fair

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You aren't following the argument closely.