Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

Just now, roi34 said:

all of them.. verbal fillers are the worst.. prob some nerves though. hopefully not a thing going forward. 

It will be. He does tons of ums every interview. Really not a good public speaker, but he’s gotten way better and more comfortable over the years. 

Not a deal breaker, but pretty annoying. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It will be. He does tons of ums every interview. Really not a good public speaker, but he’s gotten way better and more comfortable over the years. 

Not a deal breaker, but pretty annoying. 

his haircut> vs grudens big upgrade

• Like 1

Just now, roi34 said:

his haircut> vs grudens big upgrade

A bit equal in the eat too many donuts category though. 

Gruden better speaker for sure, and connects with players better. 

McDaniels better offensive scheme and way better redzone scheme. 

We can compare them in a lot of ways, but I take McDaniels over Gruden, and I’m not using hindsight. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

A bit equal in the eat too many donuts category though. 

Gruden better speaker for sure, and connects with players better. 

McDaniels better offensive scheme and way better redzone scheme. 

We can compare them in a lot of ways, but I take McDaniels over Gruden, and I’m not using hindsight. 

He will be a better game planner and adjuster at this point i believe. Rz all we need is 12-17 and we gain extra 2 wins with no defensive improvement

I don't know about the rest of you... But I sit here and just get flat out pissed off at McDaniels not because of him personally or that I wish him to do a horrible job but because of what I saw in Denver, what we kind of were hoping for or expected in Dodds and Harbs, and didn't get that.  I am in FULL support mode with McDaniels and Ziegler with skepticism.  I thought Ziegler was bright, well spoken and hopefully has the gumption to corral McDaniels when he tries to become BB on our sideline.   I think he is the home run hiring, not JM.  

With that said, I hope that he really did learn from his missteps in Denver and knows that if this doesn't work out it is likely it for him in the HC world.  I would like to see progress on this season.  NO stepping back.  To me, as I said before to justify this move we need to be at least 10-7 and playoffs next year.  In order to be what Mark wants, this isn't a rebuild or reload, this is a necessary step to get to the promise land... We must build on this year moving forward.  

In Mark I trust.

In Ziggy I trust.

In Josh I trust.

RN4L.

Just win baby.

All of that.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

I don't know about the rest of you... But I sit here and just get flat out pissed off at McDaniels not because of him personally or that I wish him to do a horrible job but because of what I saw in Denver, what we kind of were hoping for or expected in Dodds and Harbs, and didn't get that.  I am in FULL support mode with McDaniels and Ziegler with skepticism.  I thought Ziegler was bright, well spoken and hopefully has the gumption to corral McDaniels when he tries to become BB on our sideline.   I think he is the home run hiring, not JM.  

With that said, I hope that he really did learn from his missteps in Denver and knows that if this doesn't work out it is likely it for him in the HC world.  I would like to see progress on this season.  NO stepping back.  To me, as I said before to justify this move we need to be at least 10-7 and playoffs next year.  In order to be what Mark wants, this isn't a rebuild or reload, this is a necessary step to get to the promise land... We must build on this year moving forward.  

In Mark I trust.

In Ziggy I trust.

In Josh I trust.

RN4L.

Just win baby.

All of that.  

Well said. I think majority of the forum has posted the same thing. We are giving Mark, Josh, and Zieg our full trust. We see the potential. We see the reasons for the hire. We are open minded. Open to the hire, curious, and giving Mark leeway. We all see the necessity of a home-run offensive coach. 

We also are all in the same mindset of not wanting to step back. This roster is not bad. One good draft, and a brand new scheme with Raiders players that no one has tape on, should be a huge first year advantage IMO. It’s not as complicated as Gruden’s and easier to implement, so it should have first year effectiveness. 

We also are all very skeptical. It’s a way lower floor than a Harbaugh hire. It’s a hire that could backfire tremendously when he could of just hired Jim. We will give Josh leeway on mistakes, but him and Mark are also going to get criticism if the mistakes are constant. 

Let’s hope for the best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Totty said:

OMFG we have the 22nd pick!

So just to recap

2022 (year)

22nd coach in franchise history

22nd pick in the draft

He runs a lot of 22 personnel 

22 players on the field at a time

That's just freaky.

(They should have waited and made it official on Wednesday lol 2-2-22)

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 2

I think McDaniels has every intention of Carr being his QB, but if Green Bay calls and says we want to make D. Adams happy what's up with Derek Carr lets work out a swap with Rodgers and some picks. I think they will listen. Anything other then that hard to see them moving on this year. Pats would always draft a QB in the later rounds I would expect that to happen here.