Week 9 GDT - Saints vs Bucs - 1pm EST on Fox

Dome

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Sure, but that was his last game if I remember correctly.

With how badly the defense was playing, it was almost like his letter of resignation "Dear Saints, I hate this job so I'm giving Kirk Cousins $25 million/yr future payday and calling it a day"

1 minute ago, Raves said:

With how badly the defense was playing, it was almost like his letter of resignation "Dear Saints, I hate this job so I'm giving Kirk Cousins $25 million/yr future payday and calling it a day"

He definitely didn't seem to give much of a ****

35 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just stopping in to say good game. I loved seeing Winston get spanked. I was damn happy to see Lattimore was ok after Evans took a cowardly cheap shot on him.

If Lattimore had gotten hurt, Evans should have gotten suspended for the rest of the season.  Completely uncalled for.  

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

And I'm one of those guys that don't mind a few extracurricular haymakers, but what Evans did is far, FAR more dangerous than throwing a punch.

Same here. You can get physical, football is a violent sport and tempers flare. Hitting someone from behind is what a little b**ch does.

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Winston is a POS.

"I was telling Lattimore to go to his sideline."

LMAOOOO.

There's the mature young man we all remember from FSU! xD

Then Evans one-upped his immaturity and hit a guy in the back while running at full speed.

12 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Then Evans one-upped his immaturity and hit a guy in the back while running at full speed.

Evans owned up to it after the game. Said he screwed up and didn't defend it in any way. He said he saw Lattimore push Jameis and he overreacted. That's exactly what happened from my POV. I have so much more respect for that than what Jameis said after the game.

I know I've lost my temper and thrown a punch at a good friend. I'm glad he wasn't hurt and everyone was able to move on unscathed. Evans will take his punishment, and he's already acknowledged he was in the wrong.

It doesn't excuse the hit by any means, but the way each of them handled the interviews after the game says a lot more to me than what happens in the heat of a frustrating game. Winston is trash. Evans honesty about what happened and owning up to his mistake is a much more redeeming quality than anything Jameis has to offer. I can forgive Evans, Winston gets nothing but ill will from me. 

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Evans owned up to it after the game. Said he screwed up and didn't defend it in any way. He said he saw Lattimore push Jameis and he overreacted. That's exactly what happened. I have so much more respect for that than what Jameis said after the game.

I know I've lost my temper and thrown a punch at a good friend. I'm glad he wasn't hurt and everyone was able to move on unscathed. Evans will take his punishment, and he's already acknowledged he was in the wrong.

Oh yea, I've lost my temper before and fought many friends.  But like I said, what Evans did is far more dangerous than a punch.

But I did see him own up to it and apologize, and I respect him for that.  Had it just been a punch he apologized for, I'd consider the matter closed, but Lattimore could have really gotten a serious injury there and ruined our season, and I feel like it is worthy of a suspension.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Oh yea, I've lost my temper before and fought many friends.  But like I said, what Evans did is far more dangerous than a punch.

But I did see him own up to it and apologize, and I respect him for that.  Had it just been a punch he apologized for, I'd consider the matter closed, but Lattimore could have really gotten a serious injury there and ruined our season, and I feel like it is worthy of a suspension.

A hit like that could've ruined his career.  So easy to injure someone's back in a permanent way with a hit like that.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I edited my post but you beat me to it.

I totally agree a suspension is in order. It was very dangerous. 

But when a guy is seeing red, sometimes they don't think about that all they can think about is hitting the guy as hard as they can.

I can forgive Evans, especially considering his post game interview. Seemed genuine. I know I've done a ton of stupid and reckless stuff when I was mad. Glad I wasn't on live TV when it happened. xD

Archived