49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

You don't get the money until after June and you're still getting hit with dead money next year

They would save ~$2M if he is cut before June according to Overthecap. He has a $4.6M roster bonus that is guaranteed for injury, but his $2.4M base salary is not guaranteed. If he is cut after June 1st then his dead money next year rises from ~$4.6M to ~$9.2M, although we would create even more cap space for this year. I think it makes the most sense to cut him before June 1 and save a couple million this year while also not adding anything to his dead money next year.

8 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I think we let Ford go and put that money to better use, he has had more than enough opportunities, I personally think he should hang em up.

if we can keep Key, Omenhu and Willis, bring in a decent Vet and draft an EDGE in the first couple rounds, we should be fine.

I guess what I’m saying, Ford is gone, time to bring on youth to pair with Bosa

Omenihu is signed for 2022, at $2.54M, so no need to worry about losing him, I do agree we should draft a young EDGE, I'd like this DE group, Nick Bosa, Samson Ebukam(on a reduced contract), Arden Key, Jordan Willis, Charles Omenihu, & a draft pick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

They would save ~$2M if he is cut before June according to Overthecap. He has a $4.6M roster bonus that is guaranteed for injury, but his $2.4M base salary is not guaranteed. If he is cut after June 1st then his dead money next year rises from ~$4.6M to ~$9.2M, although we would create even more cap space for this year. I think it makes the most sense to cut him before June 1 and save a couple million this year while also not adding anything to his dead money next year.

Otc is not correct because it doesn't add in the injury guarantee yet

2 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Omenihu is signed for 2022, at $2.54M, so no need to worry about losing him, I do agree we should draft a young EDGE, I'd like this DE group, Nick Bosa, Samson Ebukam(on a reduced contract), Arden Key, Jordan Willis, Charles Omenihu, & a draft pick.

Yep I agree, I would still like a vet to come in to camp, Ebukam just doesn’t do it for me. But if it’s ends up like you stated above, I would be happy…..as long as the EDGE we draft is in the 2nd or 3rd

Dee Ford dead money if cut before 6/1 = 5.2 signing bonus + 4.6 restructure + 4.6 roster bonus = 14.4.

If cut after 6/1, push 4.9 to next year and dead money this year is 9.5 I believe. Saves 2 million after June, just not really worth it. Don't think I've seen a team make a cut for that little post 6/1

Jason can correct me, but I think that's right

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Otc is not correct because it doesn't add in the injury guarantee yet

Spotrac agrees with Otc. Not sure if they are both wrong. 2023 is a void year, so I'm not sure the pro-rated signing bonus for '23 would be included in this year's dead cap if he is released pre-June 1st. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dee Ford dead money if cut before 6/1 = 5.2 signing bonus + 4.6 restructure + 4.6 roster bonus = 14.4.

If cut after 6/1, push 4.9 to next year and dead money this year is 9.5 I believe. Saves 2 million after June, just not really worth it. 

Jason can correct me, but I think that's right

Ford's $4.6M roster bonus becomes GTD next Thursday, the 10th, he won't be able to pass a physical, so he'll get that, if they release him prior to June 1, the team would save $2.09M, and the remaining $9,819,996 in prorated bonus will accelerate onto the 2022 cap, with no 2023 dead money, if they June 1 him, they'd save $2.4M, but would have a $4,909,999 dead money hit in 2023.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Spotrac agrees with Otc. Not sure if they are both wrong. 2023 is a void year, so I'm not sure the pro-rated signing bonus for '23 would be included in this year's dead cap if he is released pre-June 1st. 

They are because they don't add in the future guarantee. Dee Ford won't pass the physical

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, struby3 said:

If you check OTCs Contract Triggers page, it shows Dee Ford's $4.6M roster bonus becomes guaranteed on Feb 10th, and the 2023 proration would accelerate onto the 2022 cap if cut before June 1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Ford's $4.6M roster bonus becomes GTD next Thursday, the 10th, he won't be able to pass a physical, so he'll get that, if they release him prior to June 1, the team would save $2.09M, and the remaining $9,819,996 in prorated bonus will accelerate onto the 2022 cap, with no 2023 dead money, if they June 1 him, they'd save $2.4M, but would have a $4,909,999 dead money hit in 2023.

Can you clarify how they would save $2.09M prior to June 1 if his remaining ~$9.8M bonus and $4.6M roster bonus are both on the books in 2022? Or did I read it wrong?

2 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Can you clarify how they would save $2.09M prior to June 1 if his remaining ~$9.8M bonus and $4.6M roster bonus are both on the books in 2022? Or did I read it wrong?

Shoot, I miscalculated, yeah they don't save any money cutting him pre June 1, Idk how I got that wrong, the $2.4M would be if they June 1 him.

• Like 3

Also, is it an absolute given that Ford can't pass a physical right now? If I remember correctly, he returned to practice in December but was ultimately kept on IR because his back issues flared up again. I never read that it was expected to be a long-term injury though. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Also, is it an absolute given that Ford can't pass a physical right now? If I remember correctly, he returned to practice in December but was ultimately kept on IR because his back issues flared up again. I never read that it was expected to be a long-term injury though. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure it's the same issue he's been dealing with since he was a chief. Definitely long term. His back is jacked