49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, adamq said:

What do you mean by that? This argument has never made sense to me, we see teams make moves/let guys walk because of cap space all the time.. Bears dumping Charles Leno last year sticks out

I'd assume he means no nfl team can cry poverty. All in all the cap imo is good. It keeps talent more spread throughout the league which leads to more interest in more fanbases which leads to more interest in general. It keeps the sport healthy.

So this is from that Matt Lombardo's article:

“I’d think the Niners could realistically get a second-round pick plus at least a player,” an AFC personnel director of a team not in the quarterback market tells FanSided on the condition of anonymity to speak freely about another team. “But, I do think his market could expand once teams get one look at this year’s quarterback class. He’s probably better than anyone from this class or 2023.

“If they’re trying to get a first-rounder, good luck, they aren’t getting close to that for a bridge quarterback, which is what he is.”

Not everyone is convinced.

“He’s got a good win-loss record, but he’s not dynamic,” a former general manager tells FanSided. “He’s Matt Hasselbeck. He’s going to be smart, he’s going to do the right stuff, but he’s just not a really talented arm or good athlete and he’s not going to make some plays.”

https://fansided.com/2022/02/02/nfl-rumors-tom-brady-joe-burrow-jimmy-garoppolo-trade/amp/

I don't think anyone is really expecting a first rounder but if we can get a 2nd rounder and another later round pick? I'll definitely take that. Multiple day 2 picks with one this year and one next year? Wouldn't mind that either. 

But some definitely are not convinced Jimmy has all that much value...And they may not be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So this is from that Matt Lombardo's article:

https://fansided.com/2022/02/02/nfl-rumors-tom-brady-joe-burrow-jimmy-garoppolo-trade/amp/

I don't think anyone is really expecting a first rounder but if we can get a 2nd rounder and another later round pick? I'll definitely take that. Multiple day 2 picks with one this year and one next year? Wouldn't mind that either. 

But some definitely are not convinced Jimmy has all that much value...And they may not be wrong. 

I don't see many people talking about his injury history.. you'd think that would scare at least a couple of teams away. Sure he played 15 games this year but apparently he was hurt most of the season

48 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I'm also a NBA fan, but my Rockets aren't good right now, but they have some nice young talent, KJ Martin, Kevin Porter Jr., their 4 1st's from this past season(Jalen Green, Alperen Sengun, Usman Garuba, & Josh Christopher).

They have a bright future.. I moved to Indiana a while back & didn't have a team, so I adopted the Pacers. Worst decision of my life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

10 hour interview is just brutal, I don't care what it is for. Four hours should be the maximum. The brain does not operate well after that lol.

Hope he gets the job though! 

10 hours is way too long I agree, I disagree on him getting the job, I hope he stays.

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

10 hours is way too long I agree, I disagree on him getting the job, I hope he stays.

I can't ever root for someone to not get a better job. McDaniel has been coaching for 15+ years to get a HC job and I hope he gets it....I mean I can see a fan not wanting him to get the Dolphins job since they have major questions about the organization and I could get behind that. But to not want him to get a job just so he can stay on the Niners coaching staff? That I can't get behind.