49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just hope we re-sign Tomilson I can see the Dolphins snagging him. 

I could definitely see Laken going there. That would actually be a very logical move. If we were looking for a team to take on McG in a trade, Miami would also likely be that team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Don't give me hope...

Without a known replacement in the fold, I'm not sure it's the best idea, but really depends on what the plan would be. Cohesion on an offensive line is super important and there's a world where you trade McG and the team has a single returning starter on the line for next year (Trent). 

But there are few better run blocking tackles in the league, that is for sure, and if McD's offense is going to run through that, then it has to be somewhat appealing. I think we would basically ask for a comparable trade to Orlando Brown, I guess? Pick #29 for our second round pick or something. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Someone mentioned Pep Hamilton as a possible OC. He worked with Lynn in the past and helped Luck, Herbert and Mills. Wonder if he’s a possible hire. 

I would not be against bringing him in some role. For some reason I thought the bears were bringing him in.

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I would not be against bringing him in some role. For some reason I thought the bears were bringing him in.

He's still with the Texans for now. He turned down an offer to interview as someone's OC...can't remember who though. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's still with the Texans for now. He turned down an offer to interview as someone's OC...can't remember who though. 

My guess is he ends up being Josh McCown's OC. Also I dislike the talk on twitter as if anyone has any inside info on Hamilton coming to the 49ers. It's all talk based on connection with Lynn. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Getting Hamilton with Lynn for Lance would be so clutch.

He would have to get the title of OC to even get the interview or the Texans can block it, correct? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Getting Hamilton with Lynn for Lance would be so clutch.

He would have to get the title of OC to even get the interview or the Texans can block it, correct? 

I'm not sure because the don't have a head coach yet, which complicates matters. The rule changes were supposed to help with not having as many position coaches get blocked, but there are still restrictions on that. For example, if Houston has an open OC position, they can block the request to interview a position coach of theirs because they have the position open as well and could move that person into the role .

If we aren't giving a true coordinator title, it also complicates matters because I'm not sure how that is viewed within the spectrum of blocking interviews. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

He did interview for the Bears OC job. I remember thinking that’d be good for Fields. Apparently he turned down an interview for the Panthers OC job.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

He did interview for the Bears OC job. I remember thinking that’d be good for Fields. Apparently he turned down an interview for the Panthers OC job.

Ah yes, Panthers. That's the one.