49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely would take a shot at him. Don't pick up Ebukam's option and let Koucerek go to work. 

100%. We shoudl be the go to destination for any guy like Fowler who needs to build up some quick value on a 1 year prove it deal. All receivers looking to do that should avoid us. All pass rushers who need to do that need to bang down the door to get in here lol 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

And if Ford can go then great if not at least we will have a plan in place. Also can we keep AA inside? let DJ walk? tell Kinlaw that he'll be the new DJ?

I think AA definitely stays inside. I've said for a while that I Think DJ is gone. I think we try to bring back Hurst, bring back Kinlaw of course. I think we will draft a guy around round 3/4 (Travis Jooooooooooones). Kevin Givens is still on the interior and Street should be back. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think AA definitely stays inside. I've said for a while that I Think DJ is gone. I think we try to bring back Hurst, bring back Kinlaw of course. I think we will draft a guy around round 3/4 (Travis Jooooooooooones). Kevin Givens is still on the interior and Street should be back. 

I think one of Tomlinson or Jones will be gone. I guess it depends on the market of both players. But from the team's perspective, it makes some sense to let Jones go since you drafted Kinlaw in the first round and he's a fine run defender in his own right. I definitely would not move AA outside, even on base downs. We just saw where is dominant at so no need to mess that up. Just go get a legitimate three down edge player and keep AA inside. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think one of Tomlinson or Jones will be gone. I guess it depends on the market of both players. But from the team's perspective, it makes some sense to let Jones go since you drafted Kinlaw in the first round and he's a fine run defender in his own right. I definitely would not move AA outside, even on base downs. We just saw where is dominant at so no need to mess that up. Just go get a legitimate three down edge player and keep AA inside. 

Issue is Kinlaw isn't a Nose Tackle, DJ is, Kinlaw is more of the 3T/DT role that Buckner, and now Armstead is playing.

• Like 1

He's apparently using Fowler as a source, so this would be reliable. 

Depending on how close to FA we are talking (like next week, or a week before FA opens?) it kind of tells me that we are prepping for life after Laken if we are talking just in front of FA. Tells me we are prepping a pretty narrow offer in sort of a "here's what we got, see what's tout there and come back to us" way

23 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Issue is Kinlaw isn't a Nose Tackle, DJ is, Kinlaw is more of the 3T/DT role that Buckner, and now Armstead is playing.

Disagree. Kinlaw's greatest strength is his ability to stop the run and occupy blockers. DJ is a NT in stature but is much more adapt at penetrating and getting into the backfield than Kinlaw at this juncture. DJ's the guy you want alongside AA on obvious passing downs, rushing from the interior. He's super quick off the snap for a guy his size and has a better array of counters built of his bull rush than Kinlaw who is still learning how to win his one-on-ones consistently. 

Kinlaw isn't ready for a steady diet of nickel snaps yet. Missing most of last year hurt his development as a interior rusher imo. He still needs alot of refinement in that area. We have capble guys@DT to help fill the void if DJ leaves. Givens will be back and I think Hurst will probably give it another go with us. I also expect us to land one or two bargain free agents@DT and coax more production out of those signings. It's what Koucerek does. And we've been grooming Darion Daniels for two years now. He's next in line to breakout among the DTs if I were a betting man.

This is what good franchises trying to maneuver during their SB window do. You build and develop a guy like DJ to a point where he outplays his draft position and you move on. But in the meantime, you're also developing the next DJ in anticipation of this. That's where guys like Givens and Daniels come in. We'll probably draft another NT/DT on day three of this year's draft and try to keep that assembly line of DTs moving right along. We invested prime draft captial in raw talent and physical ability (AA, Buckner & Kinlaw) and then marry those picks with road grader/lunch pail types of DTs who overachieve their position as late round picks/UDFAs(DJ, Givens & Daniels).

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

“My feeling is — and I feel strong about this — my feeling is: Kyle Shanahan knows right now that he has a good quarterback,” Peter King of NBC Sports said on 49ers Talk.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/peter-king-says-kyle-shanahan-knows-hes-got-good-qb-trey-lance

So Glazer, King & Wagoner all saying the Niners are high on Lance after year 1

• Like 1