Super Bowl LVI

Leader

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

All we're going to be able to afford via trade is a rookie contract deal. Same as last year. Anyone with a player worthy of being traded for a 1st, that's on a rookie deal, is probably not someone that team wants to move.

So if you get a bite, it's going to be for a guy who you're paying more than he's worth for.

We were all in, we're up against the cap. Stop trying to be a contrarian because the Rams got lucky. We smoked them earlier in the year and had a better team than they did. Every SB team needs to find some luck along the way, we've had the opposite of luck ever since we won in 2010, where we had more than our fair share in that run. Outside of luck, Aaron hasn't been himself in any of the games we've been eliminated in.

This. For a super team that was so all-in, they sure needed to run absolutely pure in order to win three of their four playoff games. If even one bad bounce happens (or one Zac Taylor brain fart doesn't), the narrative is likely "Well, the Rams absolutely wasted their shot". 

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

almost like rodgers, Marino were able to get back to more super bowls

Marino has been a bit of an outlier in terms of great QBs who never won a SB.  Somehow I don't think Burrow is destined to go down his path.

A bit different when you actually win the SB as was the case with Rodgers and Brees because I'd say you tend to get a little complacent as a franchise.  Hence why Dom Capers and Rob Ryan didn't get fired when they should have.

Bengals got unfinished business, and while they may not be back to next year's SB, I have a hard time believing after figuring out the playoff path and getting over humps like winning in KC that they're just suddenly going to go back to how it was.

17 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Marino has been a bit of an outlier in terms of great QBs who never won a SB.  Somehow I don't think Burrow is destined to go down his path.

A bit different when you actually win the SB as was the case with Rodgers and Brees because I'd say you tend to get a little complacent as a franchise.  Hence why Dom Capers and Rob Ryan didn't get fired when they should have.

Bengals got unfinished business, and while they may not be back to next year's SB, I have a hard time believing after figuring out the playoff path and getting over humps like winning in KC that they're just suddenly going to go back to how it was.

A lot of folks are saying Burrows will eventually win a SB but that is so hard to predict.  There are other great QBs who appeared in this game who never got their ring.  For all we know Burrows may never get there again.  He's good enough to but after 2010 a lot of people thought Rodgers would too and so far he's been close but no cigar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Striker said:

This. For a super team that was so all-in, they sure needed to run absolutely pure in order to win three of their four playoff games. If even one bad bounce happens (or one Zac Taylor brain fart doesn't), the narrative is likely "Well, the Rams absolutely wasted their shot". 

Yep, you still need some bounces to go your way.  I'm sure some people thought the Cardinals were going all in when the got JJ Watt and Zack Ertz.  A lot still has to happen to win the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

A lot of folks are saying Burrows will eventually win a SB but that is so hard to predict.  There are other great QBs who appeared in this game who never got their ring.  For all we know Burrows may never get there again.  He's good enough to but after 2010 a lot of people thought Rodgers would too and so far he's been close but no cigar.

Yeah no thanks to Mike McCarthy being arrogant and his refusal to hold Dom Capers accountable and hiring crappy special teams coordinators on top of it.  Zac Taylor isn't like that.

Just came around to say it totally stinks seeing two inferior teams play for the title.

I'm still not over the loss.  

But this is the first time in a long time that I do not care who stays, who goes or who is drafted.

It honestly does not matter.

No matter what happens this next year, the team will not be as good as it was this past year.

Collectively our team blew it.  Our coach couldn't get the specials to be even remotely competent.

Our 4X MVP couldn't do jack at home.  Get this, he lost a home game when his defense didn't give up a single touchdown.

We blew the best defensive performance we've seen from a Packer Club since that 1996 Super Bowl winning team.

I'll still watch most of the games, but I'm done with being a fanatic for this club.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Just came around to say it totally stinks seeing two inferior teams play for the title.

I'm still not over the loss.  

But this is the first time in a long time that I do not care who stays, who goes or who is drafted.

It honestly does not matter.

No matter what happens this next year, the team will not be as good as it was this past year.

Collectively our team blew it.  Our coach couldn't get the specials to be even remotely competent.

Our 4X MVP couldn't do jack at home.  Get this, he lost a home game when his defense didn't give up a single touchdown.

We blew the best defensive performance we've seen from a Packer Club since that 1996 Super Bowl winning team.

I'll still watch most of the games, but I'm done with being a fanatic for this club.  

I was going to make a post like this on the night after the game. I woke up, realized as much as I hate it, I'm addicted to the NFL like a drug and here I am, right back to my daily fix.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I was going to make a post like this on the night after the game. I woke up, realized as much as I hate it, I'm addicted to the NFL like a drug and here I am, right back to my daily fix.

Same. And when I tried to address my addiction, you made fun of me for it. I understand now. You make fun because you're jealous.

• Like 1