2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Okoronkwo ran a 4.77 at the Combine, what is she talking about with "speed"

How many edge rushers run 40 yards? The 40 time is irrelevant, some speed to his pass rush which is very different. I’m in no way endorsing Obo but get 40 times out of your mind. He’s a decent pass rusher who can’t stay healthy so not sure Houston is getting anything special on the field.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

How many edge rushers run 40 yards? The 40 time is irrelevant, some speed to his pass rush which is very different. I’m in no way endorsing Obo but get 40 times out of your mind. He’s a decent pass rusher who can’t stay healthy so not sure Houston is getting anything special on the field.

I hate it to break it to you, but there's a pretty strong correlation between a bad 40 time and a bad 10 yard/20 yard split, whatever you wanna use.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

This!

They time them at 10 yards, its much more relevant.

The big uglies in the trenches almost never run even 20 yards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I hate it to break it to you, but there's a pretty strong correlation between a bad 40 time and a bad 10 yard/20 yard split, whatever you wanna use.

1.65 10-yard isn’t shabby at all. 

Seems like a silly comment to get worked up over. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Like Skippy says above check 10 yard splits, check the cone drills check everything but 40 times. Check the metrics from in game tracking the get and you’re better off. Forty times are garbage. Cooper Kupp led the league in big plays at WR. Guess what his 40 time was! I wish they’d stop running it at the underwear Olympics except for Rich Eisen 

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

1.65 10-yard isn’t shabby at all. 

Seems like a silly comment to get worked up over. 

Dudes like Bradley Chubb and Marcus Davenport did better times while weighing 10-15 pounds heavier. Kentavius Street as a hundredth of a second slower while weighing 30 pounds heavier.

I really don't care what measure y'all want to go with, Okoronkwo ain't fast by it lol

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Dudes like Bradley Chubb and Marcus Davenport did better times while weighing 10-15 pounds heavier. Kentavius Street as a hundredth of a second slower while weighing 30 pounds heavier.

I really don't care what measure y'all want to go with, Okoronkwo ain't fast by it lol

usatoday website doesn't work properly on my computer but the headline suggested he looked fast.  dunno.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I mean, you started citing combine numbers. Again, seems like a silly whiny thing to start climbing a hill on, shrug.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, you started citing combine numbers. Again, seems like a silly whiny thing to start climbing a hill on, shrug.

Ah yes, citing unbiased data to prove a point, how silly of me

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ah yes, citing unbiased data to prove a point, how silly of me

A 40 time for an edge rusher from 4 years ago when he was wearing skin tight undies…yes, excellent point you made.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

A 40 time for an edge rusher from 4 years ago when he was wearing skin tight undies…yes, excellent point you made.

Are you suggesting that he somehow got faster either from being in the NFL or from putting pads on, whereas the other players who were also wearing skin tight undies did not