2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

@DefenseWinsChampionships You have to look at the whole picture.

Dallas could easily push base salary into bonus and send the cap hell to future years but they may decide its not worth it for some players but is worth it for others. (Zeke's poison pill contract does not apply)

Dallas cutting or requesting salary cuts to Lawrence and Cooper does not mean you were right about a salary cap math equation. It depends on how much they want to mortgage their future for now.

They could probably Saints it up for 2 more years before becoming the 2022 Saints. I don't think they want to go full Loomis though (don't ever go full Loomis)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Dallas having an interesting off-season so far to say the least.

Tag Schultz, pay Cedric Wilson, and let Amari and Gallup walk?

They can not afford to tag Dalton Schultz. 

They've got less than two days to make up their minds too.

Because they're currently $13,423,684 above the cap and a Dalton Schultz TE Franchise Tag = $10.8M which would put them at over $24M+ above the cap. 

And you think it's ugly now? Dak Prescott is "only" owed $34.45M this season. 

Just wait until 2023 and 2024 when he's owned va combined $93,900,000 @ $46,950,000 per year throughout the next two offseasons of 2023 and 2024 .

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

Good luck with "RESTRUCTURING" his contract (they are royally bent over backwards).

9 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And I was laughed @. 

We all got a good laugh at your most recent Demarcus Ware take too. Such a selective memory you have. 

This is VanS all over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

They can not afford to tag Dalton Schultz. 

They've got less than two days to make up their minds too.

Because they're currently $13,423,684 above the cap and a Dalton Schultz TE Franchise Tag = $10.8M which would put them at over $24M+ above the cap. 

And you think it's ugly now? Dak Prescott is "only" owed $34.45M this season. 

Just wait until 2023 and 2024 when he's owned va combined $93,900,000 @ $46,950,000 per year throughout the next two offseasons of 2023 and 2024 .

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

Good luck with "RESTRUCTURING" his contract (they are royally bent over backwards).

Why is restructuring in quotation marks? Are you questioning the existence of restructures or something? 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Why is restructuring in quotation marks? Are you questioning the existence of restructures or something? 

I'm laughing at it because Dak Prescott just restructured his contract a couple of months ago and Dallas only saved $5M but yet fans seem to think restructuring Dak again would save them "$50M" and it's just funny to me. 

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'm laughing at it because Dak Prescott just restructured his contract a couple of months ago and Dallas only saved $5M but yet fans seem to think restructuring Dak again would save them "$50M" and it's just funny to me. 

They saved 5 million because they only restructured 6.25M. You get that, right? 

The amount you save on a restructure is dependent on how much you're actually restructuring...it's not like every restructure is the same amount. Are you following that? 

Also, at no point would restructuring save them 50 million. Where was that said? His salary + roster bonus hits are 20 / 31 / 34 over the next three years so you can only restructure slightly less than that (he has to at least make the vet minimum on base salary each year) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The amount you save on a restructure is dependent on how much you're actually restructuring...it's not like every restructure is the same amount. Are you following that? 

Also, at no point would restructuring save them 50 million. Where was that said? His salary + roster bonus hits are 20 / 31 / 34 over the next three years so you can only restructure slightly less than that (he has to at least make the vet minimum on base salary each year) 

Nope. 

-stats 

-stats 

-stats 

I saw Neil Smith play in the early 90's so you are wrong. 

😊😋😉 

Emojis and stuff 

Salary Cap heck. 

Dalton Schultz = a boss

Restructuring isn't a thing that happens cuz in 2005 my team had a bad GM who didn't restructure.

🙉🙊🐵

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's ok. 

Once Dallas loses Amari Cooper, Dalton Schultz and DeMarcus Lawrence I'll have a lot of people to quote and talk to. Because multiple people told me Dallas wouldn't be losing all 3 key impactful players and laughed at my thoughts for claiming such a thing. 

We'll see. Only time will tell. And if I'm proven wrong I'll...

crow GIF

Believe it or not. But I'm an NY JETS fan. And I know what absolute Salary Cap Hell looks like. My entire Fan Base does. It's called Mike Tannenbaum. Our former GM. Who was not only 🔥 FIRED 🔥 for absolute Salary Cap Hell but left us in Salary Cap Hell for many of years afterwards too. So much so to the point of having to hire a crap GM John Idzik as a so called Financial Cap Genius. To. Fix it..

A GM who didn't know how to draft. And picked Safety and TE like Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro while passing on WRs who my entire NY fan base was both begging and screaming for in Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry. 

I'm an NY JETS fan. No opposing fan base can make believe in order to act and pretend that Salary Cap Hell doesn't exist. At least not to me you can't; because I know better.

Dallas Cowboys of 2022 and soon to be 2023 and 2024? Let's just say it's not looking...

Lettering Denyse Mitterhofer GIF by Denyse®

41 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It's ok. 

Once Dallas loses Amari Cooper, Dalton Schultz and DeMarcus Lawrence I'll have a lot of people to quote and talk to. Because multiple people told me Dallas wouldn't be losing all 3 key impactful players and laughed at my thoughts for claiming such a thing. 

crow GIF

Believe it or not. But I'm an NY JETS fan. And I know what absolute Salary Cap Hell looks like. My entire Fan Base does. It's called Mike Tannenbaum. Our former GM. Who was not only 🔥 FIRED 🔥 for absolute Salary Cap Hell but left us in Salary Cap Hell for many of years afterwards too. So much so to the point of having to hire a crap GM John Idzik as a so called Financial Cap Genius. To. Fix it..

A GM who didn't know how to draft. And picked Safety and TE like Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro while passing on WRs who my entire NY fan base was both begging and screaming for in Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry. 

I'm an NY JETS fan. No opposing fan base can make believe in order to act and pretend that Salary Cap Hell doesn't exist. At least not to me you can't; because I know better.

Dallas Cowboys of 2022 and soon to be 2023 and 2024? Let's just say it's not looking...

I mean, ten pages ago you were saying that the bucs had 80 million in dead cap over the next four years from Brady.  

You haven't inspired a ton of confidence that you know anything about the salary cap other than how to spell it.  Especially given that you avoided the actual content of my post. That's not meant to be an insult or anything either. It's just that based on your previous posting I am not all that clear on whether or not you understand the salary cap. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It's ok. 

crow GIF

Over the past 3 years, he has made $4.5 million per sack. I don’t blame them for cutting their losses.

5 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Yes on JC Jackson. 
No on Gilmore unless it’s on a cheap deal. We wasted too much money on older injury prone veterans though.

Edited by Xenos

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yes on JC Jackson. 
No on Gilmore unless it’s on a cheap deal. We wasted too much money on older injury prone veterans though.

Has any defensive back left the Patriots and kept being good?