What now?

bucstopshere

11 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Trask for the upcoming season if he does well than thats our future for now, if he does bad we try to draft a QB in 2023 which is a way better class.

That being said i do want to sign a vet QB like Tyrod, Dalton, or hell even Trubisky. 

I agree with your first sentence. But there are rumors we like Teddy and I'd be fine with that signing.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I agree with your first sentence. But there are rumors we like Teddy and I'd be fine with that signing.

I actually quite like Teddy, wasnt a fan 2 years ago when his name was brought up when we were still talking about brady, but if we can get him for something cheapish as a 1-2 year deal ill be fine with that compared to trading for Jimmy G or drafting a QB high in a weak QB class.

1 minute ago, djw4bucs said:

I actually quite like Teddy, wasnt a fan 2 years ago when his name was brought up when we were still talking about brady, but if we can get him for something cheapish as a 1-2 year deal ill be fine with that compared to trading for Jimmy G or drafting a QB high in a weak QB class.

I can't imagine he'd cost more than like $10M for a year.

Let him fight it out with Trask. If Teddy wins, we need to draft a QB anyway.

• Like 1

I m going Trask and Gabbert.  I'm giving the youmg QB I drafted the best possible environment to succeed.  Gabbert knows the offense.  Teddy has shown he can t be an above avg QB.  Certainly Trask is a long shot, but we don't know.  I don't want to carry 3 QBs this season with the cap issues.

1. Shoot for the moon and try for Rodgers or Wilson. Next to no chance of getting either, but you have to at least make a call. 

2. Explore the secondary QB market and/or players who might not be wanted by new regimes (Cousins and Carr). 

3. Jimmy Garoppolo, I guess. 

4. Roll with Trask and sign a guy like Dalton, Mariota, Taylor, Trubisky, Foles etc. to compete. 

5. Blaine Gabbert (aka go in the tank for Stroud or Young). 

6. Teddy Bridgewater. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

For me:

1. Roll Trask baby 

Why spend a 2nd rounder if you're not going to give him a chance

2. Trade a 1st or whatever for Arod / Russ

I don't like trading away picks but at least we'd be legit contenders

3. Someone you like drops and you trade up or draft him at 27 to compete with Trask 

That's it from me

I don't want Jimmy G  , who consistently misses kittle running wide open 40 yards downfield 

Or Teddy who is probably going to be good enough to win 9 games or lose in round 1 of the playoffs 

Either get a stud or figure out what's up with Trask 

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

When has that ever stopped a team from signing/trading for a QB? lol

There are legitimate concerns we might trade for Kirk or Jimmy G if extensions/cap hits can be agreed upon. 

True, but spending a 2nd rd pick on a prospect and trading for one of these guys suggests the draft evaluation for Trask was wrong.  Now trade for ARod or Wilson then no issue with it being done. 

In this situation, less money spent on QB, more chance of getting our own FAs back that won 13 games.  Brady was a big part, but getting most of the parts currently a UFA, get it done.

I do think the elephant in the room is Deshaun Watson.  I am going to assume his legal situation is going to have more clarity or be resolved by the summer.  

My assumption anything less then criminal charges brought, the league is going to have a tough time keeping him from playing for a 2nd straight yr.  So for an organization who has a history of employing players with questionable off the field issues, would Watson be off the table?  Keep in mind when big name QBs get traded, it is usually out of conference?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/17/deshaun-watson-grand-jury-probe-is-expected-to-conclude-by-late-january/

Edited by ravishingone

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I do think the elephant in the room is Deshaun Watson.  I am going to assume his legal situation is going to have more clarity or be resolved by the summer.  

My assumption anything less then criminal charges brought, the league is going to have a tough time keeping him from playing for a 2nd straight yr.  So for an organization who has a history of employing players with questionable off the field issues, would Watson be off the table?  Keep in mind when big name QBs get traded, it is usually out of conference?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/17/deshaun-watson-grand-jury-probe-is-expected-to-conclude-by-late-january/

I hope not. I'd rather not have another QB with credible allegations against him.

• Like 1