The New Raider Staff Structure Thread

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I will should from the mountaintops again this year--BASE DEFENSIVE FRONTS DON'T MATTER.

This is especially true when it comes to edges. What matters is gap responsibility. Bradley liked his defensive lineman to slash upfield and try to make plays in the backfield. Desai is probably going to have guys two gap more often, so the interior defensive linemen will be bigger and stronger. It's a good free agency class to grab some guys fitting that mold.

Who do you like that fits the bill?

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Sean Desai is a big 4-2-5 guy 

Right. The issue was going to be more of a DB thing. Because he does this thing where he shows one thing and does another. For example he’ll show you a lot of zone and then it ends up being man and vice versa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Typical Raiders way of doing it. I bet Olson and Cable haven't even been told they're not being retained yet, and are probably finding out via the website.

I should add that this is absolutely the correct decision to move on from both.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Hicks, BJ Hill, DJ Jones, Reed, Fatukaski, Ogunjobi from the top of my head.

Hicks is old can’t stay healthy

I like hill as a NT

Ogunjobi is probably the perfect fit for what  this bears DC likes to do upfront

Not sure about DJ Jones as a fit but he can stop the run

Fatukaski has the body type for it

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

In his one year he did play a lot of zone so maybe a good sign that Hayward could be back but did he play a lot of zone cause his DBs were awful last year and it was an easy choice to get the most out of him or is That what he does 

I don’t see Casey Hayward staying. But on the flipside it’s a good off-season to try to get a corner

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Hicks is old can’t stay healthy

I like hill as a NT

Ogunjobi is probably the perfect fit for what  this bears DC likes to do upfront

Not sure about DJ Jones as a fit but he can stop the run

Fatukaski has the body type for it

Hicks, Hill, and Fatukasi are my favorites. Both have the best profiles for a two gapping scheme. I.e. They are long armed and strong. They also all have pass rushing chops.

Jones would be almost strictly a nose, but he would play more than he would in Bradley's scheme. Ogunjobi is a little bowling-bowl-like, but he's strong enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Hicks, Hill, and Fatukasi are my favorites. Both have the best profiles for a two gapping scheme. I.e. They are long armed and strong. They also all have pass rushing chops.

Jones would be almost strictly a nose, but he would play more than he would in Bradley's scheme. Ogunjobi is a little bowling-bowl-like, but he's strong enough.

Good insight. Those are all good options.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Very helpful post. I wonder what we do with yannick

Rush? There is virtually no different between edge player responsibility between most NFL schemes.

I think the question with Yannick is whether he should see the field less next season. He doesn't get enough pressure and is a major liability against the run.

• Like 1