The New Raider Staff Structure Thread

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Rush? There is virtually no different between edge player responsibility between most NFL schemes.

I think the question with Yannick is whether he should see the field less next season. He doesn't get enough pressure and is a major liability against the run.

Some players aren't as good when they're asked to stand up. Also the 3-4 edge is ask to occasionally drop back(obviously not saying that he's gonna do that much Crosby for that matter) but that's very different than you are going to rush every single play no matter what. 

I think the question that you posed is also very accurate. I wonder if Koonce is a better fit in that regard

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Edwards and Zay give good moments but still a WR4 at best on an NFL team (a rare Frankie agreement). Any WR4 will give good moments throughout the year. Truth be told we don’t have any starting outside WR’s on this team. We may need to sign one and draft one. 

Edwards can develop into more but Carr is part of the reason he's slow developing  we all were down on Zay for the longest until Carr started actually throwing him the ball. Yes we haven't had the best WR's but Carr is not the best at using what we got until he gets super comfortable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders have 1 good DB currently (Moehrig).

Casey is a 33 year of FA.

Hobbs is TBD, needs to keep himself out the news.

Mullen is still a question mark though some of you want to pencil him in.

Abram everyone told me he'd turn a corner with better coaching, he's a liability with no postion

Facyson, Nixon, Trufant, etc. - let's be real here 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Abram everyone told me he'd turn a corner with better coaching, he's a liability with no postion

Faycon good depth considering. Nixon special teamer and depth. 

mullen and hobbs with big FA is solid. cant redo everyone in 1 year. then sign a Steven Nelson for 2 year cheaper deal

23 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Don't know much about the Desai dude. Anyone have some knowledge?

He's an up and coming coach. He's only had 1 year as a DC but his squad (obviously) did very well. 

Other than his rise in the ranks and his good performance last year, I think his most impressive stat is he kept getting retained by new Chicago head coaches. He started with Trestman, was retained and then promoted by Jon Fox, and then retained and then promoted by Nagy (to DC). A lot thought he might have stuck around under Eberflus too.

Also, Seattle tried to poach him once he hit free agency also. Everyone seems to think very highly of him. The Athletic had an article calling him the rising star of the league. 

https://theathletic.com/2805720/2021/09/24/the-bears-bulldog-inside-the-rise-of-sean-desai-nfls-first-indian-american-coordinator/?source=twitterhq

• Like 3

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'd say Hobbs, Mullen, Moehrig all showed they can play.  We need to add a top CB for sure and replace Abrams with a legit safety opposite Moehrig  and all those other guys can battle for depth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

JLC suuuuuucks but he's right here.

Graham is reportedly staying with the Giants, if he doesn't get the Vikings HC job.

He lost the Vikings gig, so I think it is pretty much a done deal, that he stays with the Giants, where he has a live contract anyway and has a new HC, who also has the NE connection with him.

20 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Edwards can develop into more but Carr is part of the reason he's slow developing  we all were down on Zay for the longest until Carr started actually throwing him the ball. Yes we haven't had the best WR's but Carr is not the best at using what we got until he gets super comfortable.

This 🎯