Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

Not wanting Harbaugh =/= not wanting large personalities.

Its been made known that Harbaugh didn’t necessarily prepare for the interview, thought it was a foregone conclusion, and things got awkward due to that. 

In one statement Vike Daddy is telling me how could know the Vikings want yes men. 

Then he likes your post saying you KNEW Harbaugh under prepared for a interview.

BOTH of which are pure speculation as neither of us were in those meetings and you'd be a fool to think what happened in those meetings was told to the media. Seeing as the Owners would never disrespect Harbaugh by saying he was 'under prepared'. And neither would Kwesi. that's how you lose a job. 

But hey, you guys pick and choose what you consider facts. LOL

Edited by Frank Costello
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

the db coach from DET seems to have a large personality.

Oh yea? I think you're missing the point....

A large personality belonging to a Veteran coach, who's either been a HC or damn near close to one....is going to be totally different than an up and coming DB coach who is trying to advance his career and get where that other coach has been. 

The Vikings so far, have been surrounded KOC with yes men and or good ole boys. And that could be dangerous if the pieces don't hit.

So I wouldn't mind Donatell. But I'd rather have someone of Donatell's ilk (like a wade phillips) be brought in as a defensive consultant, or senior advisor, or something along the lines of he will have an opinion, but he necessarily won't be calling the game on defense. I'm infatuated with the idea of giving a younger coach the DC reigns (Asai, Pleasant, etc) and having senior consultants be older, more experienced, providing input. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

So I wouldn't mind Donatell. But I'd rather have someone of Donatell's ilk (like a wade phillips) be brought in as a defensive consultant, or senior advisor, or something along the lines of he will have an opinion, but he necessarily won't be calling the game on defense. I'm infatuated with the idea of giving a younger coach the DC reigns (Asai, Pleasant, etc) and having senior consultants be older, more experienced, providing input. 

This is exactly the boat I'm in. Gamble on the young guy but have a senior advisor on staff to help him learn the ropes/lean on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

you mean a collaborative approach? it's unheard of!

New Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said he plans on calling the Dolphins’ offense. But he also noted that the job isn’t done in a vacuum:

“One thing that I’ve noticed in my journey is that successful play-callers don’t isolate themselves — they utilize the people around them. That’s what a head coach should do. I’m not up here doing anything by myself, or I won’t be after this press conference ends. I’m not going to be going into a hole and hanging out by myself and thinking about stuff. You’re working with people. So the higher your leadership, with regard to a head coach, the more you have to lead. As an offensive coordinator, you call plays. But if you’re a head coach and calling plays, you better be reliant and feel very good about the people on your offensive staff.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/10/mike-mcdaniel-plans-to-call-dolphins-offensive-plays/

4 hours ago, Frank Costello said:

In one statement Vike Daddy is telling me how could know the Vikings want yes men. 

Then he likes your post saying you KNEW Harbaugh under prepared for a interview.

BOTH of which are pure speculation as neither of us were in those meetings and you'd be a fool to think what happened in those meetings was told to the media. Seeing as the Owners would never disrespect Harbaugh by saying he was 'under prepared'. And neither would Kwesi. that's how you lose a job. 

But hey, you guys pick and choose what you consider facts. LOL

It's not about picking and choosing facts, but go ahead and feel personnally attacked by whatever statements you wish.

It's about listening to, and making your own decisions about, sources of information.  Courtney Cronin, Ben Goessling, et al.  All of whom are saying the same thing.  Harbaugh thought it was a slam dunk, the Vikings viewed it differently, and that was a contributing factor to why Harbaugh isn't out next head coach.  Given their connections with the team, their track record of reporting, and the fact that it's multiple sources saying the same thing, that's who I'm inclined to follow.  If that's not what you want to do, that's your choice.

Not one person saying, not one report, about Harbaugh being too big of a personality for the Vikings new "collaborative" future; pay no attention to the fact that Kwesi himself is the reason Harbaugh even got in the door for an interview...  Those are your personal feelings on the subject, which you're welcome to have, but you're the one coming in here and stating it as FACT.

Sourced information from experts around the team, or your personal feelings?  Who's choosing their facts again?

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1