Superbowl Mafia - Rams win 28-21

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I didn't listen to music a ton when I was younger. When I was in middle school I went with my parents to a car dealership and there was a radio station there doing promos and stuff, and I played a game and won two CDs. I didn't know which to take so the guy gave me Dizzy up the Girl and One by One.. presumably because they were good music and not terribly inappropriate for like a 13 year old or whatever I was. For many years after my two favorite bands were Goo Goo Dolls and Foo Fighters

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

For me, here was my own personal metamorphasis:

I heard an awesome song on the radio, and it was called "Smells like Teen Spirit", which made me go down the Nirvana wormhole, to which the first album I ever bought was "Nevermind". (This was after Cobain's death, etc., but I was a bit late to the party due to my age at the time (I bought it off of a friend as a freshman in HS). From there, I went down the grunge and 90s alternative wormhole, buying the album TEN, listening to Rage Against the Machine and Smashing Pumpkins, and then I heard LEARN TO FLY on the radio, and asked a friend "Who is that lead singer?". When he told me that it was Dave Grohl, the drummer from my beloved Nirvana, I went from being obnoxious talking to my friends about Nirvana and Grunge to completely insufferable. (I know, truly hard to imagine, right?)

From there, I went fully into that Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows, STP, Weezer, Blink 182 wormhole, and then somehow went full circle back to 80s hair bands due to my obsession with GNR and Slash, based solely off of rifts that I heard from the late great Randy Rhoades and Eddie Van Halen, sending me into a full "lead guitar" tailspin. 

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Looking back, I've never been more thankful that the rock station was present that day, and not one of the 8 country stations that dominated the area I grew up

My "new rock" station died (I blame bad music), and now the station I listen to classifies it with "classic rock", which is actually heartbreaking for many reasons.

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also, this is the closest Jerry Jones will be to being in the Super Bowl so its fitting that you included him.

Animated GIF

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You however should not have included the Devil himself, Dan Snyder. 

crying-dan-snyder.gif

45 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Who wants to collude with me on a gopher bet?

I'm just petty enough to:

A. Collude with you

B. Point out that I voted him first

C. Point out that Malfatron is now stealing my ideas and votes since SwAg isn't here to steal his ideas/steal SwAg's. Leaving this open ended to start an argument and/or make SwAg angry.

• Like 1