2022 NFL Standings Predictions

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How can you possibly say, with any conviction, that this won't be a playoff team? Mind boggling. 

:Shaking my head:

Are we talking about the same Eagles team? The clearly worst team, out of 14, in the playoffs last year? You guys would have been crushed by the 8th, 9th, and 10th teams in AFC. You guys were a literal embarrassment to the playoff landscape and have made no improvements at all to this point. 

If Roseman messes up this draft, its lights out, curtains closed on you guys until you get a QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How can you possibly say, with any conviction, that this won't be a playoff team? Mind boggling. 

You realize you were the worst team of all 14 teams in the playoffs last year right...? Well, actually, maybe a tad better than the Steelers. 

There is no guarantee you get back to the playoffs, especially with your QB situation. I hear this from every fan all the time "But we got better everywhere!!" So did most of the other 31 teams.... 

I'm not even sure Philly is second best in the division anymore now that Washington doesn't have a Bottom 3 Starting QB in the NFL. 2nd place is pretty 50/50 for me between Washington and Philly. 

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

:Shaking my head:

Are we talking about the same Eagles team? The clearly worst team, out of 14, in the playoffs last year? You guys would have been crushed by the 8th, 9th, and 10th teams in AFC. You guys were a literal embarrassment to the playoff landscape and have made no improvements at all to this point. 

If Roseman messes up this draft, its lights out, curtains closed on you guys until you get a QB. 

I'd debate the the steelers were worse than us, but I digress. Lmao how can we have made improvements yet? Are you serious? We've gotten better by your team getting objectively worse.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd debate the the steelers were worse than us, but I digress.

Okay, fair point. I do think the Chargers, Dolphins and Ravens would have put up a solid fight against you guys. I did somewhat forget about the steelers because captain fat(butt) was decrepit. 

Lmao how can we have made improvements yet?

Browns got a HOF WR (this is a joke). Broncos fixed the QB spot. Cowboys tagged a top 5 TE (still goofing). Texans are about to get a haul for a terrible human. Panthers are about to get a terrible human who is really good at football. Rams are allegedly adding another WR who punches up with his play level. 

You have 3 FRP's and a huge need to get both 1. a real QB and 2. younger playmakers. Your team is also arguably the best in the league when it comes to trades, yet you arent trading.

I would trust Roseman to trade those picks and better your team much more than actually drafting with them. Thats both a compliment to his FA/Trading ability and a slight on his drafting. 

Are you serious? We've gotten better by your team getting objectively worse.

This is unfortunately true. So you win this comment. 

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Unfortunately, teams don't always get better every offseason and I don't see Philly improving on last season. I think the 2021 team was very lucky.

Chill on the hyperbole. Arizona was 1-6 in their last 7.  I'm sure Philly could beat them.

How did they get that 1 win by the way?

The Jags would have beat Tennessee the way Tannehill played.

Philly lost by 3 to the Chargers and by 6 to Tampa in the regular season. They had a really bad day vs Tampa and I'm not sure Gannon could beat Brady in 20 tries but he's the GoaT. If Hurts looks like playoff Hurts then I'm happy to go with Minshew and win the division.

I said before that I think Mishew is the better QB but I hope that Hurts develops into the better QB.

They had their flaws and I still hate Gannon, but Dallas was 5-5 outside the division with Dak and they face roster challenges this year.

If DC and NY are competitive then Dallas is in trouble. They need that 4-0 every year.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Unfortunately, teams don't always get better every offseason and I don't see Philly improving on last season. I think the 2021 team was very lucky.

They won their 9 games by 26, 3, 38, 17, 11, 15, 10, 24, and 4. Five of their seven real losses were to playoff teams and the 6th was to the Chargers who lost out on the playoffs in OT of week 17.

They did not even try in week 17 because they were already in.

They were even in turnovers.

Feel free to show me where the luck was in that.

Is it because they have to play the AFC South this year?

Edited by SkippyX

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If DC and NY are competitive then Dallas is in trouble. They need that 4-0 every year.

Good thing our QB doesnt lose to NFCE teams. Makes winning the division so much easier.

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Feel free to show me where the luck was in that.

The irony here is we lost 3 games to playoff teams because our kicker was terrible. A kicker who was probowl caliber in the past.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think at the very least on paper they'll be better. They have another weak schedule too for what it's worth. Everything is just kinda set up better for them this year. Lot of assets.

• Like 1

AFCE: Bills*, Pats, Dolphins, Jets

AFCS: Titans*, Colts, Jags, Texans

AFCN: Ravens*, Bengals*, Browns, Steelers

AFCW: Chiefs*, Chargers*, Broncos*, Raiders

NFCE: Cowboys*, Eagles*, Commanders, Giants

NFCS: Bucs*, Saints*, Panthers, Falcons

NFCN: Packers*, Bears, Vikings, Lions

NFCW: Rams*, 49ers*, Cardinals, Seahawks

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

People's sense or awareness of how teams performed to end a season change drastically after some unjustified expectations set in from a coaching shake up, FA signings, trades, or draft picks. People will forget that a team might have suffered a lot of injuries or discount the competitiveness of both underachieving and overachieving teams through the course of an off-season.

I like to compare perception from the end of one season to the next after each major part of the off-season. I think it is helpful for some people to chart how their expectations change and what factors influence those changes most.

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

So TB goes back up in my predictions from the gutter with TB12.

Yes, same as everyone's predictions. You do you, but I just don't see the value or interest in looking back at predictions made in early Feb when the Bucs didn't have a QB and observing how those predictions changed now that the Bucs got Brady back. 

Bottom line: it is impossible for me to predict how the Steelers, Panthers, Seahawks, Saints, Colts etc will do until I know what their QB situation looks like. The draft and FA are also extremely important in making predictions because they actually give us necessary information about what each team will look like come September. No team is going to bring back the same roster as last year - ergo looking back at how they finished the previous season is next to useless.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

No team is going to bring back the same roster as last year - ergo looking back at how they finished the previous season is next to useless

But a lot of teams return the same decision makers and major players who contribute to the trends that follow many teams. You do you though.