Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like simultaneously...the best and worst thing that this series did, was to entirely not matter.  Whatsoever.

The worst thing imo was how they doubled down with Obi Wan defeating Vader twice to cap their final confrontations.  The first time in ROTS, you can see how Obi Wan thought Anakin was dead. But after this series, it would’ve made more sense to flip it and leave it where Vader thinks Obi Wan is dead.  That would’ve set up their eventual encounter on the Death Star and how Obi Wan’s presence surprised him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

The worst thing imo was how they doubled down with Obi Wan defeating Vader twice to cap their final confrontations.  The first time in ROTS, you can see how Obi Wan thought Anakin was dead. But after this series, it would’ve made more sense to flip it and leave it where Vader thinks Obi Wan is dead.  That would’ve set up their eventual encounter on the Death Star and how Obi Wan’s presence surprised him. 

It think there was a planned second season, but not sure if that’s happening also.

Yeah there are a ton of problems with these SW shows, namely from the writing and acting (book of Boba fett especially). A lot of that comes from them trying to retcon stories that have to fit into complicated and confusing timeliness, set up by a guy who was winging it the entire time.  

But so many of us love the franchise enough that it doesn't matter. I'll happily watch anything they want to release (sans the animated stuff) with rose colored glasses. 

My question is, how long can they keep this going? I doubt kids these days give a crap about star wars