Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

His lightsabre bounced off of Vaders armor 2-3 times in that battle.  The one shot to the back had his cape smoldering and there were a couple shots to the helmet before he got the big one that took part of it off.  He also had busted up the controls too at that point.

Aren't light sabers supposed to cut through anything? It's a legit laser beam

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Aren't light sabers supposed to cut through anything? It's a legit laser beam

At this point, they've pretty clearly established that isn't true about it cutting through anything.  Common metal, sure, but most space ship exteriors it takes a little work to get through, blast doors, beskar straight up stops it.  Part of it could be technique too, not hitting with driving blows, or aiming to disarm moreso than cut through.  It's not something that bothers me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

At this point, they've pretty clearly established that isn't true about it cutting through anything.  Common metal, sure, but most space ship exteriors it takes a little work to get through, blast doors, beskar straight up stops it.  Part of it could be technique too, not hitting with driving blows, or aiming to disarm moreso than cut through.  It's not something that bothers me.

Well overall I thought the show was pretty cool, I'm just not the biggest fan of the direction Disney has gone with Star Wars.  

14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I enjoyed the series, lots of issues, but didn’t wreck anything. That’s the bar we have right now.

Shows the faith I have in Disney that I started the show out with “please don’t **** this up” and am satisfied with it purely because it wasn’t over the top stupid. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think we see Roken again in something, this clearly set him up as a leader.

I could see a series around teen age Leia

Third sister is redeemed and in the wind, she could turn up as a more interesting morally gray area protagonist against the empire.

Wonder if either will be in Jedi Fallen Survivor 

• Like 3

Watched the episode again. I know they felt they needed to do one last showdown for the sake of the show, but if Obi wan accepted Anakin as dead and now Darth Vader, why didn’t he kill him when he beat him in the final fight? At this point he knows there’s no redemption and that his mercy on him in ROTS led to incalculable deaths. Defies logic that kenobi would choose his own sense of morality here over killing a mass murderer.