Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

39 minutes ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

So I guess lightsabers aren't as fatal for some reason? 

And now after trying to take down Vader she's going to what...suddenly go back to him and tell him about Luke? 

I'm guessing...

Spoiler

She wants to hurt Luke to hurt Obi-Wan and goes after Luke herself.  I think we have seen the last of Vader this series.

As for the fatality of lightsabres, maybe as a force user they can push through such wounds a little easier?  Seemed to do the trick against Qui-Gon though.  My bigger question is why wouldn't Vader (or the Grand Inquisitor for that matter) just slice her head off?  Clean and complete.

Not sure why we're doing this in spoiler tags after the episode is out.  Threads are buyer beware once something has aired.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:16 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't remember in any other Star Wars shows having to actively tell myself "It's just a show, it's fiction, just enjoy it" so many times in so many scenes.

Tala just casually talking to Obi-Wan in a completely silent room with other Imperial officers and nobody noticing.

Tala fighting and knocking out another officer and nobody noticing, then she walks back and tells Obi-Wan just that and still nobody notices.

The trench coat scene is just....lmao....idk man.

Also, Obi-Wan jumped into the rafters literally right in front of two storm troopers. Literally. Right in front of them.

The show's macro-level plot has been fine so far, but the way they portray the scenes on a micro level has been pretty awful.

I learned pretty early on, episode 2, that this show isn't about realism, but is more about 'set pieces' that look really cool / neat when executed, but you definitely need to turn your brain off to 'normal logic'.

-The scenes you mention above

-Being chased by a walking ventilator, why would you not just... keep running in a straight line away?

-Somehow being ambushed and surprised by Vader (see above)

-Somehow a small fire between Kenobi and Vader is enough to stop Vader dead in his tracks (when he burned him and could have easily finished him off)

Another way of looking at it is that the entire scene is 'framed' by our camera angles, instead of realism in the area they are in. It really is highly noticable and can be irritating, but as I said, once you just accept it as "Star Wars logic", then it's not as bothersome.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, adamq said:

Vader ripping apart that ship?! Come on, this show rocks

Yeah, Vader's display of power holding the ship, and then toying with Reva was nice.

Then you have the scene were you have 50 stormtroopers trying to pile into a bunker entrance engaged in a firefight with the rebels... and everyone is just standing out in the open and missing from 5 feet away. It was just so laughable to watch that scene unfold, it cheapened the Tala sacrifice and just felt so hokey.

• Like 4

Okay I liked this episode. Leia was only minimally annoying, her innate droid/tech knowledge is acceptable cause Anakin is her dad. Hayden Christiansens return made my jaw drop even though everyone knew he’s in it lol. Obi Wan’s accent is totally missing at times but he showed up today, was a little OP with 50 stormtroopers barraging him, considering it took like 3 clone troopers to take down each Jedi. Darth Vader FINALLY shows off extreme force powers ripping the ship down (don’t understand the decoy but whatever) and then showing elite fighting skills with the force and lightsaber that felt considerably less stiff than the original trilogy. I guess my only real complaint is some consistency on blaster bolt damage and light saber damage. Qui Gonn was instakilled by a lightsaber to the belly but a random almost side character takes it and carries on, as did the grand inquisitor. Also don’t understand how someone as fascinated with winning and killing (Vader) let’s his prey survive like that. 

I hope even though the story is clearly cycling towards Luke now that it doesn’t become known to Vader. Wasn’t it a revelatory piece of information in like 10 years when Palpatine tells Vader he’s his son? (Or was that just the comics…?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

-Being chased by a walking ventilator, why would you not just... keep running in a straight line away?

-Somehow being ambushed and surprised by Vader (see above)

-Somehow a small fire between Kenobi and Vader is enough to stop Vader dead in his tracks (when he burned him and could have easily finished him off)

-The comic currently in syndication actually covered that Vader knows how to turn off his ventilator at times. In it, the prey is running from him and use an alien to hear his ventilator from far away and him turning it off shocks them and ends with their demise. 
-I was thinking that was lame too, but it’s also not beyond belief that after Vader got fried to a crisp on mustafar he’d actually be scared of traversing fire

• Like 2

I enjoyed the fight between Reva and Vader. I figured Obi Wan was going to join her in a 2v1 rather than run. Not sure why they (Vader and GI) left her alive. Makes no sense.

After this series, I hope they move away from the standard Skywalker story for future shows -- I read that Taika Waititi is doing this. Everything is too predictable since we know how everything ends up. It takes away any stakes and just creates plot armor with predictable situations.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, Vader's display of power holding the ship, and then toying with Reva was nice.

Then you have the scene were you have 50 stormtroopers trying to pile into a bunker entrance engaged in a firefight with the rebels... and everyone is just standing out in the open and missing from 5 feet away. It was just so laughable to watch that scene unfold, it cheapened the Tala sacrifice and just felt so hokey.

And not a single Rebel was killed...

52 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

-The comic currently in syndication actually covered that Vader knows how to turn off his ventilator at times. In it, the prey is running from him and use an alien to hear his ventilator from far away and him turning it off shocks them and ends with their demise. 
-I was thinking that was lame too, but it’s also not beyond belief that after Vader got fried to a crisp on mustafar he’d actually be scared of traversing fire

The second point, why couldn't he just... walk around it?

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Qui Gonn was instakilled by a lightsaber to the belly

what? He literally lived while Obi-wan was waiting for the force field to drop, then a full fight with Maul with enough life left to tell Obi-wan he is ready to be a jedi and to train anakin. you trippin