Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

On 6/1/2022 at 7:12 PM, adamq said:

Nothing to complain about for me.. Star Wars has a long history of inconsistencies so why bother getting mad about it? Just going along for the ride, happy we get to see more and more Star Wars

People will do that with everything. Find any inconsistency to harp on instead of enjoying it for what it is. 

Is this a perfect series? Nope, but it's pretty entertaining and the stuff between Obi Wan and Vader was awesome. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 7:01 PM, Acgott said:

This Obi wan isn’t close to his peak. Vader is 16 years younger and has been training everyday. Obi wan is meditating, begging on a desert for someone to save him. The closest we will see to both being in their prime was Episode 3, won by Kenobi.

Anakin/Vader wasn't at his peak in Episode 3, either, and Obi-Wan taught him everything he knew, so Mustafar was his to lose. Prime Vader is a whole other beast.

They might meet again in the final episode of the Obi-Wan series, this time with adequate preparation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my guess is it'll be on Mustafar.

59 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Anakin/Vader wasn't at his peak in Episode 3, either, and Obi-Wan taught him everything he knew, so Mustafar was his to lose. Prime Vader is a whole other beast.

They might meet again in the final episode of the Obi-Wan series, this time with adequate preparation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my guess is it'll be on Mustafar.

The point is that the Episode 3 fight is much closer to their prime for both of them, then this fight. Having the next fight at Mustafar isn’t a bad thought.

23 hours ago, JonStark said:

People will do that with everything. Find any inconsistency to harp on instead of enjoying it for what it is. 

Is this a perfect series? Nope, but it's pretty entertaining and the stuff between Obi Wan and Vader was awesome. 

Which is true for Star Wars fans.  However, most series do not have someone on payroll specifically to manage canon, which Star Wars has in Pablo Hidalgo, who was in that position going back to before the Disney purchase.  

Even with that, I generally cut them some slack unlike some fans, and also why I am not so caught up in the “death” of the Grand Inquisitor.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Which is true for Star Wars fans.  However, most series do not have someone on payroll specifically to manage canon, which Star Wars has in Pablo Hidalgo, who was in that position going back to before the Disney purchase.  

Even with that, I generally cut them some slack unlike some fans, and also why I am not so caught up in the “death” of the Grand Inquisitor.  

People are speculating that he isnt actually dead since his species has 2 stomachs kind of an interesting theory

58 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Think they could’ve went with a different storyline, instead of rehashing the mandalorian pretty much.

The list of things that could get him off of Tatooine would be pretty damn small.  Not sure if there is anything else outside of Leia that would.

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Think they could’ve went with a different storyline, instead of rehashing the mandalorian pretty much.

come on, that is like saying The Wire is just a rehash of the Sopranos because they both have a crime dynamic. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

come on, that is like saying The Wire is just a rehash of the Sopranos because they both have a crime dynamic. 

I mean, he's not wrong. Mandalorian was him meeting a kid and protecting the child at all costs. This show is basically the same in that regard so far.

Episode 3 was still by far the strongest and I enjoyed every minute of it, though.