Bryant Young voted into Hall of Fame

Forge

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Happy he got in. Lame that Willis got snubbed again, but not shocking. I assume they didn’t vote Willis in because Sam Mills got in. Hopefully they come to their senses sooner than later.

It was also mills' last shot on the ballot

Just now, Forge said:

It was also mills' last shot on the ballot

I won’t lie and say I saw a lot of Sam Mills when I was younger, but I did see Willis play and he was a 1st ballot HoF player imo. I don’t think people timing out off the ballot should make it so they get in over another player, but whatever. He’ll get in eventually. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I won’t lie and say I saw a lot of Sam Mills when I was younger, but I did see Willis play and he was a 1st ballot HoF player imo. I don’t think people timing out off the ballot should make it so they get in over another player, but whatever. He’ll get in eventually. 

I remember Mills, but not in a hall of famer way. Just remember him as part of the Dome Patrol. So guys like he and Rickey Jackson as part of a whole. 

I do remember him more individually from his brief time with Carolina

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I remember Mills, but not in a hall of famer way. Just remember him as part of the Dome Patrol. So guys like he and Rickey Jackson as part of a whole. 

I do remember him more individually from his brief time with Carolina

I lost a lot of respect for the AP voters this year when they didn’t have Bosa on either of the All pro teams. This just seems to be a continuation of ineptitude. Idk why I’m so sour tonight lol, Congrats BY!

Love Bryant Young and really happy for him. Willis is my favorite Niner of all time and I grew up in the 80s. I don’t care what anyone says, I’ve never seen a better MLB than Willis. Maybe not the longevity of the murderer or played in the era of linebackers like some of the old timers. But he did it all and did it better than all of them. It’s a crime he wasn’t a first ballot shoe in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

A bit surpirsed Demarcus Ware didn't make it. I thought he was the only one that was a for sure....

Torry Holt really surprised me, but for whatever reason certain receivers always take awhile to get in

Somewhat disappointed Willis didn't make it, but he will some day. (Had to make a return to my original avi to memorialize this glorious day)

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Torry Holt really surprised me, but for whatever reason certain receivers always take awhile to get in

Somewhat disappointed Willis didn't make it, but he will some day. (Had to make a return to my original avi to memorialize this glorious day)

As a whole, the HOF hates receivers 😂

• Like 1

This is actually a better outcome. Willis will get in sooner rather than later, so he's really not a concern in my opinion. Bryant Young legit may have never made it. To have him make both the 49ers Hall of Fame and Pro Football Hall of Fame in a matter of months is remarkable. Best defensive leader I've ever seen for the franchise. 

Now hopefully one day soon Roger Craig also gets in on the senior ballot in addition to Frank Gore. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, P_locniners said:

Stoked he got it in, long overdue. But this has got to be one of the more boring classes in recent memory if I’m speaking honestly

Probably because there aren't any quarterbacks, wide receivers, high profile sack masters, or defensive backs that made it other than Butler. 

Personally I'm basking in the spectacle of saltiness.