What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

13 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’d trade our 1st right now for Ryan Ramcyzk.

Sign Ted Karras and the draft a guy like Thayer Munford in the third. 

I wonder if that's really the cost. Players on big contracts don't always get firsts. Probably worth that first round pick to us though.

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’d trade our 1st right now for Ryan Ramcyzk.

Sign Ted Karras and the draft a guy like Thayer Munford in the third. 

That idea came out a few weeks ago. And I saw on twitter a lot about his contract and why it would be hard to trade. The amount of deadcap space it would take from them. But that would be the ideal trade to me. 

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I guess numbers are all over the place.  I've seen 4p mill several times, so with Waynes gone, that gets us to 60.  One place was either Dehner or Goodberry for sure.  I don't remember where else I saw that figure.

Either way, we can keep most of our important players, a bunch of back end guys and still have the money to grab two OL, then draft the rest

Sure. I looked at Spotrac to get that info. Doesn't mean it is 100% correct. And I do agree with the 2nd part there about how I would like to see the room spent. 

15 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Give Scherff OG1 money in FA
Sign Trent Brown away from NE for about 10 mil a year

First line, absolutely. Scherff should be top priority for the Who Deys. 

Second line, absolutely not. He hasn't played a full season is forever and has a lot of issues maintaining weight and doubts if he even wants to play. 

I'd think about Orlando Brown here and go after Jensen for C. Look for IL in the draft bc this is a good class for those 3 positions. 

Bates must be resigned and if the money is there, throw it at Jackson as a starting CB. You have a ton of cap space now but also a lot of young guys who will require big second contracts coming up soon. 

Just my .02

From a Jets fan:

Protect Joe Burrow at all costs. 

Even if it means spending big $ on two FA O-Linemen before drafting 1st and 2nd round O-Linemen come this years draft. 

I'm not even a Bengals fan but watching the SB while knowing that his O-Line has already blown his ACL as a Rookie and then seeing him in pain and on the turf during the SB with like 7 or 8 sacks taken (after being sacked 51x during the regular season and 9x against Tennessee during the playoffs) made me sick as not a Cincinnati fan; but a Football fan. 

At this rate he's not going to survive long term. No QB can take this type of punishment without breaking down before 30 years old (27 if lucky). 

Protect Joe Burrow at all costs. 

2 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

per the Bengals beat podcast, we are at 57 million currently. Waynes cut would net another 11 and Hopkins would net 6. So you could end up with over 70 million. That is who they expect to be cut FWIW

Athletic podcast was using the same numbers.  Bengals will use the lower ones.

I saw a few tweets last night going over the athletic profile of guys we draft or have on our line compared to the elite lineman. We tend to have guys that are very poor athletes with shorter arms. Where as the top of the line guys are all physical freaks. Maybe they look at that this offseason. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I saw a few tweets last night going over the athletic profile of guys we draft or have on our line compared to the elite lineman. We tend to have guys that are very poor athletes with shorter arms. Where as the top of the line guys are all physical freaks. Maybe they look at that this offseason. Who knows. 

That's why I want us to hit FA hard with proven guys, because we have drafted oline extremely poorly.  Even Jonah, our best lineman, you can argue has underperformed as a top 10 pick, but at the very least he isn't a flat out bust like so many others.

Picking Chase was the right call, i'll still shout that from the rooftops, but now it has to be the focus.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's why I want us to hit FA hard with proven guys, because we have drafted oline extremely poorly.  Even Jonah, our best lineman, you can argue has underperformed as a top 10 pick, but at the very least he isn't a flat out bust like so many others.

Picking Chase was the right call, i'll still shout that from the rooftops, but now it has to be the focus.

If they really mean it. Go pay Armstead 20 million. Go get Daniels for G and Jansen for center. Resign Bates. And go for it all. That won't happen but man that would be nice. 

Just now, ochocinco4pres said:

If they really mean it. Go pay Armstead 20 million. Go get Daniels for G and Jansen for center. Resign Bates. And go for it all. That won't happen but man that would be nice. 

I mean, if not now, when?  This is Mike Brown's last chance to not go down forever as a cheapskate owner who prioritized more profits over winning.  THAT is already his legacy, this is his last chance to rewrite history.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I mean, if not now, when?  This is Mike Brown's last chance to not go down forever as a cheapskate owner who prioritized more profits over winning.  THAT is already his legacy, this is his last chance to rewrite history.

I don't disagree. Those moves would be unreal and with Armstead only 30 and Daniels 24, it would set us up for a while. Completely opens up the draft as well to go BPA.