Hearthstone

skywindO2

17 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Experimenting with some tempo warrior and crusher shaman. Both, in theory, should be very good in this meta that is super weak to board clears and big minions. 

Post a list for Crusher Shaman.  Are you talking about the 'overload' deck with the Giants?

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

Post a list for Crusher Shaman.  Are you talking about the 'overload' deck with the Giants?

Nope. More like a midrange version with flamewreathed faceless and earth elemental. I guess snowfury giant could be added in there. Still experimenting so it is still rough. 

I never play wild and I started playing a lot more this season.  The mode is a ton of fun and is quite refreshing after playing only standard.  I looked back at previous expansions (The Grand Tournament and GvG) and a lot of those cards are really bad.  Thus, to play wild, you really don't need many cards from either of those expansions.  You mainly need the cards from Naxx, BRM, and League of Explorers.

I have been playing a lot of Oil Rogue, Reno Warlock and some other fun decks that aren't possible to play in standard.  If anyone wants some list of really cheap and effective wild decks, let me know and I can supply you with some.  And when I say effective, I mean, players are able to reach legend with them.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:37 PM, minutemancl said:

Keleseth zoolock is so much better than keleseth rogue.

When you initially said this, I agreed with you.  However, after spending more time playing Keleseth Rogue and refining my deck, I think that is stronger than Keleseth Warlock.  The main reason being is all the flexibility the deck has.  Backstab is an insanely powerful tool to remove early game minions.  SI:7 Agent is also very strong.  Also, the Rogue having access to Shadowstep is big.  I can't tell you how many times I Shadowstep out a minion that has taken damage, a Vilespine Slayer, or even Keleseth himself.  Shadowstep is just an insane tempo/value card.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, boys.  Lots and lots to cover just for today.  The next expansion is releasing in December, so I'm sure this thread will be busy.

Lets start with Marin The Fox.  Everyone who logs in on Monday gets this card for free.  If you are attending BlizzCon in-person or you have purchased the Virtual Ticket, you will also get a golden version.

DNunHJCUIAAphAa.png

Here are the Treasure Chest contents:

DNut-SYUEAAeaS1.jpg

The next expansion was also revealed.

DNumjt_V4AAZAJ9.jpg

With this new expansion, they are releasing new cards.  One of the new cards they are releasing are legendary weapons.  All nine classes will receive a legendary weapon.  This will mark the first time legendary weapons will be playable cards.  Here is an example they showed for Priest.

DNurrzoV4AIrE5B.png

In addition, this expansion will introduce a complete new single-player game mode.  From what was said on stage, this mode will be free and will not require you to own any cards at all.  

DNutbCTUIAAPx82.jpg

DNutbCVVoAAJphv.jpg

DNutbCXUEAAZDu3.jpg

@james.mcmurry13 @skywindO2 @minutemancl and everyone else.  What do you guys think of the very early information so far?  I'm sure more will be coming at a more rapid fire pace as we inch closer to Thanksgiving, so I will do my best to keep this thread updated.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

In addition, this expansion will introduce a complete new single-player game mode.  From what was said on stage, this mode will be free and will not require you to own any cards at all.

This part especially excites me.

Always excited about a new expansion. Im looking forward to some actually good hunter cards. It is my favorite class and it is super frustrating with how limited the class is in what kind of deck you can viably run and win games. The cards they revealed so far dont particularly excite me, but carnivorous cube is really cool in a deathrattle hunter deck. In wild, you are looking at an OTK with a thaurissan tick on just 2 cards. Leeroy, carnivorous cube, 2 play deads. 30 damage for 10 mana if you just get 2 mana removed from any of those 4 cards. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Always excited about a new expansion. Im looking forward to some actually good hunter cards. It is my favorite class and it is super frustrating with how limited the class is in what kind of deck you can viably run and win games. The cards they revealed so far dont particularly excite me, but carnivorous cube is really cool in a deathrattle hunter deck. In wild, you are looking at an OTK with a thaurissan tick on just 2 cards. Leeroy, carnivorous cube, 2 play deads. 30 damage for 10 mana if you just get 2 mana removed from any of those 4 cards. 

The problem with Hunter is that the class is fundamentally designed to be aggressive, but other classes have better aggressive archetypes.  Unless they print some straight up broken cards for Hunter, I do not see that changing with this next expansion.