Hearthstone

skywindO2

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

see i would wait on crafting meta i feel like demon hunter will be nerfed here in like 3 weeks.

Eh, I think crafting demon hunter cards is safe. They are going to have to nerf a bunch of them, at least as it seems right now. It is very possible demon hunters make up so much of the meta that it is hard to get a read on how strong they are and once people start building decks to counter them, it all levels out. 

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Eh, I think crafting demon hunter cards is safe. They are going to have to nerf a bunch of them, at least as it seems right now. It is very possible demon hunters make up so much of the meta that it is hard to get a read on how strong they are and once people start building decks to counter them, it all levels out. 

galakrond shaman controlled the meta for 3 weeks and then was nerfed into oblivion 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah I have over 18000 dust but i also probably will never dust my old cards.

I don't dust wild cards, either.  I still play wild pretty often, but I will dust cards like this...

GIL_800.png

That card is just God awful and will probably never see play.

19 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah I have over 18000 dust but i also probably will never dust my old cards.

I have over 58,000 dust in duplicate cards right now and around 11,000 dust on hand. I refuse to mass disenchant. When nerfs became more regular and HoF rotations started happening, I started making sure I was able to get max value out of them, so I keep all of my cards unless I absolutely need to disenchant.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't dust wild cards, either.  I still play wild pretty often, but I will dust cards like this...

GIL_800.png

That card is just God awful and will probably never see play.

Haha I have that one too. But I'll keep it to remind myself that life isnt fair. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

Changes expected today.  Day 2 nerf.  Wow.

A little disappointed honestly. Demon hunter is oppressive right now no doubt, but I would have liked to see if the meta could figure itself out. IMO one day is not nearly enough time to determine if something needs to be nerfed. 

On another note, I'm currently 914 legend. First time I've ever been 3 digit legend. Pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

A little disappointed honestly. Demon hunter is oppressive right now no doubt, but I would have liked to see if the meta could figure itself out. IMO one day is not nearly enough time to determine if something needs to be nerfed. 

On another note, I'm currently 914 legend. First time I've ever been 3 digit legend. Pretty cool. 

Nah, this class is straight up broken.  If it was like one or two cards, then I think it would be best to waste.  DH has like no weaknesses and has insane cards.  That draw three and have the cost reduced by three is one of the most absurd cards ever printed.  I think it'll get nerfed today or tomorrow and then again later this week or next week.

The class has so many problem cards it's insane.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

we just had 3 very slow metas and they added a class that just laughs in the face fo any later game strategy had to happen.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

Changes expected today.  Day 2 nerf.  Wow.

Skull of Guldan to 6: good nerf. Card is insanely strong.

Eye Beam outcast cost 1: not crippling. Probably needed to happen.

Imprisoned Antaen to 6: this is a strong card, but it didnt need to be nerfed. The drawback is very noticeable and playing it at even a slightly inopportune time against a good player loses you the game. Bad nerd.

Lifesteal weapon to 2 durability: crippling. This card gets so much worse, and it was one of the best cards DH had. Sucks. Now you cant play it on 3 and attack on turns 3, 4, and 5 to set up your "deal 4 if you attacked this turn" guy. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Skull of Guldan to 6: good nerf. Card is insanely strong.

Eye Beam outcast cost 1: not crippling. Probably needed to happen.

Imprisoned Antaen to 6: this is a strong card, but it didnt need to be nerfed. The drawback is very noticeable and playing it at even a slightly inopportune time against a good player loses you the game. Bad nerd.

Lifesteal weapon to 2 durability: crippling. This card gets so much worse, and it was one of the best cards DH had. Sucks. Now you cant play it on 3 and attack on turns 3, 4, and 5 to set up your "deal 4 if you attacked this turn" guy. 

the problem with the lifesteal weapon was it would still be up for the +8 attacks turns and the DH gets +10 health

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we just had 3 very slow metas and they added a class that just laughs in the face fo any later game strategy had to happen.

Hearthstone is undoubtedly a better game when there are good aggressive decks. And control decks, and midrange decks. But when there aren't any good aggressive decks, you get awful metas where the greediest priest deck possible is tier 1, games take 20 minutes each, and the game is decided before they start based on what class you are.