Our Coordinators

roi34

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This isn’t a good roster.

This offense has plenty of talent. If you think the roster is the one problem you are nuts. Not many teams have the weapons we have on offense. Our offense coordinator is rookie and in over his head. 

Defense lacks some talent and Injuries haven't helped. but.. def cooridndator has been and is awful. no pressure with blitzing what so ever. doesnt use guys to strengths. no turnovers? come on we can't blame is all on talent. 

23 minutes ago, roi34 said:

This offense has plenty of talent. If you think the roster is the one problem you are nuts. Not many teams have the weapons we have on offense. Our offense coordinator is rookie and in over his head. 

Defense lacks some talent and Injuries haven't helped. but.. def cooridndator has been and is awful. no pressure with blitzing what so ever. doesnt use guys to strengths. no turnovers? come on we can't blame is all on talent. 

If you think scrapping the coaching staff will fix the problem, you're nuts. This isn't a new revelation for me; I was very cautious coming into the year because the roster is filled with holes -- even on offense. The team isn't getting anything from rookies or sophomores (besides Karl Joseph) and the big veteran signings from two offseason's ago have been terrible. I still don't buy Downing is the problem on offense. Cooper and Carr are playing will little confidence and have regressed -- there's no avoiding it. The line is also playing worse. Thing is, how the team is playing is totally within the realm of possibilities given the roster -- even going back to last year. There is not one consistent enough player on the team the coaches can dial up to get things going. The closest thing the team has to that is either Jared Cook or Michael Crabtree.

I'm good with replacing Norton. The defensive roster is bad but he's not doing it any favors.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

If you think scrapping the coaching staff will fix the problem, you're nuts. This isn't a new revelation for me; I was very cautious coming into the year because the roster is filled with holes -- even on offense. The team isn't getting anything from rookies or sophomores (besides Karl Joseph) and the big veteran signings from two offseason's ago have been terrible. I still don't buy Downing is the problem on offense. Cooper and Carr are playing will little confidence and have regressed -- there's no avoiding it. The line is also playing worse. Thing is, how the team is playing is totally within the realm of possibilities given the roster -- even going back to last year. There is not one consistent enough player on the team the coaches can dial up to get things going. The closest thing the team has to that is either Jared Cook or Michael Crabtree.

I'm good with replacing Norton. The defensive roster is bad but he's not doing it any favors.

Norton absolutely needs to go. never prepared. don't remember many big stops over last three years on def. Defense hasn't covered Te or rbs well past few years. Nelson continuing to play is a joke.

offense coordinator hasn't been good but hes rookie which is why you've arm regressing. coopers needs to be more of a focal point. we cant give him his first target in second qtr in games and only target him 4-5 times a game. but we have a lot of talent still on offense. cook cooper crabtree and even richard and patterson are decent weapons. Our oline was changed to zone but pass protection has been great so.. Not sure where u see the regression there?

46 minutes ago, roi34 said:

How do you explain all the drops? The "talent" on this offense is at LG,C,RG QB. They need another 1-2 WRs. Crabtree will be 30. Amari is having an identity crisis and can't be relied on. RBs are average on a good day. Need a gamer there. TE, cook is doing solid and there is nothing under him. 

This roster is not as talented as some want to make it out. The coaching is poor as well. They need to completely rethink things. There is no identity to this team. They are out coached on a weekly basis lately.

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

offense coordinator hasn't been good but hes rookie which is why you've arm regressing. coopers needs to be more of a focal point. we cant give him his first target in second qtr in games and only target him 4-5 times a game. but we have a lot of talent still on offense. cook cooper crabtree and even richard and patterson are decent weapons. Our oline was changed to zone but pass protection has been great so.. Not sure where u see the regression there?

I’m not sure Cooper is focal point worthy. So far in his career, he hasn’t proven he is.

The line hasn’t played bad, but they’re playing worse than last year. Gabe Jackson in particular has been bad.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

How do you explain all the drops? The "talent" on this offense is at LG,C,RG QB. They need another 1-2 WRs. Crabtree will be 30. Amari is having an identity crisis and can't be relied on. RBs are average on a good day. Need a gamer there. TE, cook is doing solid and there is nothing under him. 

This roster is not as talented as some want to make it out. The coaching is poor as well. They need to completely rethink things. There is no identity to this team. They are out coached on a weekly basis lately.

100% we need a wr i said that last season. Roberts is a net negative. I wanted cooper kupp or someone like him. need a guy who can catch consistently. Cooper is all confidence sadly. but still have enough pieces to be productive as shown by last year. we need another rb too. but see needs to improve or won't matter.

I posted this in the Ward thread, but I’d like to see McKenzie go after Steve Spagnuolo after the Giants blow up the staff. I’d prefer a traditional 4-3 scheme for this roster and Ward could find more success s a 6/7-tech instead of playing inside. Melifonwu would make for a nice nickel backer, too.

This sums everything up about JDR. Time for him to go:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/19/oakland-raiders-new-england-patriots-nfl-jack-del-rio-vs-game-score-highlight-tom-brady-derek-carr-jack-del-rio/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1511146620

And it raises the big question: While Del Rio deserves credit for taking Oakland from being a laughingstock to the playoffs, has he proven that he can take a good team and make it great?

Answer here..... a resounding no.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is a bad article.

There’s a lot of conjecture going on about the Raiders’ struggles: “it’s Vegas, it’s the protests, it’s Downing, it’s Del Rio, it’s...” It’s all rediculous fan speak. You give a fan base just the lightest taste of success and we act like it’s a birthright. The Raiders weren’t really a Super Bowl team last year and this year’s struggles are part of the process. I’m not saying Del Rio is Belichick, or even if he’s the coach for the next decade, but the Patriots missed in 2001 — and they actually won something the year before.

What is missing from this season’s conversation is actual analysis. This team isn’t that different from last year’s team — it’s just playing worse. Ken Norton is the same Ken Norton from last year and I’m confident he gets replaced. Apart from that, this team needs to continue to build. Take the prudent approach and stay the course, build on weaknesses, and strengthen strengths.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He should also get credit for taking Oakland from a playoff team back to being a laughingstock

13 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This isn’t a good roster.

That's no excuse to wet the bed with 2 weeks to prepare. They also wet the bed against the Bills after a 10 day layoff. This is a direct result of inept coaching. They and Del Rio need to go. Reggie and Mark are just as responsible too because they aren't doing anything about trying to change this dumpster fire of a coaching staff.

34 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

That's no excuse to wet the bed with 2 weeks to prepare. They also wet the bed against the Bills after a 10 day layoff. This is a direct result of inept coaching. They and Del Rio need to go. Reggie and Mark are just as responsible too because they aren't doing anything about trying to change this dumpster fire of a coaching staff.

It's the payers who are dropping the ball. It's the players who aren't fast enough to cover deep. It's the players who can't get pressure. I know it seems like changing staffs would be a quick fix, but there's no fixing bad players. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say the team's struggles are 65%-35% player based.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

It's the payers who are dropping the ball. It's the players who aren't fast enough to cover deep. It's the players who can't get pressure. I know it seems like changing staffs would be a quick fix, but there's no fixing bad players. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say the team's struggles are 65%-35% player based.

So ultimately it's Reggie's fault for drafting or signing these stiffs. Keep in mind I'm a Reggie supporter.

Archived