Our Coordinators

roi34

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Just because he scored this week doesn't mean he's doing "fine". He's been mediocre just like always.

It has nothing to do with a td this week he looks like a better player period. Not giving up big plays and his neck look like it actually works.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It has nothing to do with a td this week he looks like a better player period. Not giving up big plays and his neck look like it actually works.

I don't even think he's their nickel anymore. He's has the 3rd most snaps on the team behind Slay, Diggs, and Lawson. Maybe that's why you think he's playing better, he barely sees the field.

Musgrave was better than people want to give him credit for, and I thought it was stupid to let him go and keep KNJ. His play calling got better from year one to year two and probably would have been even better year 3. We had the 6th ranked offense in the NFL and people said it was because of Carr and our weapons. Suddenly we have no weapons? Same cast of characters even added a playmaking TE only thing missing is Musgrave.

9 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Musgrave was better than people want to give him credit for, and I thought it was stupid to let him go and keep KNJ. His play calling got better from year one to year two and probably would have been even better year 3. We had the 6th ranked offense in the NFL and people said it was because of Carr and our weapons. Suddenly we have no weapons? Same cast of characters even added a playmaking TE only thing missing is Musgrave.

He was replaced by the Walsh ian TD. I mean, can you blame Del Rio?

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

The good news on this is that while searching around a bit this A.M., it appears that both Norton and Downing are not contracted beyond this year. They talked about Downing being promoted before this year but nothing about a contractual change or extension involved with that.

So, hopefully, they're both gone and JDR is hamstrung a bit by Davis and/or McK and forced to choose coordinators (and position coaches for that matter) who come from some sort of actual expertise. Rather than just being risk type shots in the dark. Don't expect JDR to be gone, but after a year like this we can all pray both coordinators are gone. I try to keep in mind, and thinks others should too, that this team is not terribly fond of firing coaches and coordinators mid contract while having to continue paying them. We are in fact a cash poor team and it needs to considered that we operate that way. 

Should Tampa move on from Koetter, you can pencil him in at OC. And possibly Smith at DC for that matter. Be a "getting the band back together" one last ride tour for JDR.  That is, if the financials make sense. Can you imagine.... 4 former HC's on the team. 

28 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

"Raiders WR Amari Cooper ran just 11 routes from the slot (23.4%) against a #Patriots team that ranks last in the NFL in slot defense. He brought in his only target from the slot for 13 yards."

Yep.

Team is clueless when it comes to situational football. The literally through it all out against KC and don't know what to do otherwise. Still unreal to me they had a bye week to prep for this game and got in a 30 zip hole and thought they could edge pressure Brady and play soft zone coverage.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Team is clueless when it comes to situational football. The literally through it all out against KC and don't know what to do otherwise. Still unreal to me they had a bye week to prep for this game and got in a 30 zip hole and thought they could edge pressure Brady and play soft zone coverage.

No doubt it's appalling. I thought the only way they could manage Brady (not that they could, which I knew they could not) is certainly to at least tighten the coverage at the line. Along with of course an interior pass rush from someone other than Mack. Which is the part we all know would never happen, because the rest of the DL is staright garbage play in and play out.

You can't play off on a QB and offense who will feast on 4 yard passes all day. It's execution at it's best. So they come out playing the same loose crap keeping everything "in front of them". Yeah, sure. But that only works if you're playing a dummy team that can't execute simple things repetitively or is too dumb to take the yards given and tries for things that aren't there. Raiders play defense like they're playing against the Raiders. Which makes me think they're just practicing with these guys, letting them go in practice, then going into games like it's a practice scrimmage, without any opponent-specific plan? And they also play offense like schoolyard crap. Let your players beat the opponents. Sure.. Works in the schoolyard when you're bigger and faster. It also works in practice because the defense is such a piece of garbage. I bet that plays into it. How much can your offense learn in practice going against such an idiot defense?

But in the NFL it helps if your coaches can, you know, contribute something intelligent to challenge your opponents into errors and failures. You know, like every other coach is hired to do? No wonder we're getting killed. Every other coach and coordinator we play understands it's their job to try to outthink our coaches. And our coaches think "let the players play". Morons. 

Terrible staff. But then again, is there anyone who thought it was the right thing to fire the OC who succeeded and keep the DC who failed terribly? Musgrave biases and opinions  notwithstanding, noone thought that made sense comparatively. Lo and behold, it was absolutely the reverse of the right thing to do just like every single fan and media person suspected. 

So.... how does a head coach do the thing that literally every single person in the Raider universe thought was out of whack, and think he is right somehow? That's a wow.

What's shocking @holyghost is the fact that the Raider have been historically bad under KNJ and JDR has refused to make a change. Which tells me all I need to know. He's looking out for his good friend.

Right or wrong....Denver fired a decent OC today, turning to Musgrave because of their shortcomings. It send a message. KNJ has been allowed to keep his job despite being completely bad at it. Just historically awful. It's unfathomable to me. 

I mean hell... most of us here though Pagano was brought in to be the DC if/when KNJ fell on his face again. And we're STILL WAITING!! 

Archived