Not Just the X's and O's, But the Culture of the KOC Offense

vike daddy

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I hope this bye week is a good chance to reset and make sure he's going through progressions.

Yup, it is OK to take what the defense gives you. Our TE group is more than capable of making plays and they have been targeted just 18 times in 5 games or 14.1% of the total targets for this offense. 5th worst in the league.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets-distribution/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Sooo....do we think Kwesi makes any all-in moves with the bye week coming up? Upgrade the RB2 position?

Not really sure where to put this question.

if there is any position on offense that we'd need to upgrade, it is RG position. I still think its extremely unlikely

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

if there is any position on offense that we'd need to upgrade, it is RG position. I still think its extremely unlikely

If Risner is healthy after the bye, he might get Ingram's spot. Might not be an upgrade in the run game, but he wont' be a turnstile either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Risner wasn't re-signed for a long time, had a chance to fight for a position and never once took first team snaps in the offseason. I highly doubt the Vikings see him the way fans see him.

He’s been injured

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If Risner is healthy after the bye, he might get Ingram's spot. Might not be an upgrade in the run game, but he wont' be a turnstile either. 

It’s so weird, because Ingram’s mostly fine but has some plays that aren’t just poor plays, they are like “has this guy ever played before?” bad.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Sooo....do we think Kwesi makes any all-in moves with the bye week coming up? Upgrade the RB2 position?

Not really sure where to put this question.

Hockenson is coming back...that's the all-in move.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

Tough to do that midseason I'm sure, regardless of bye week.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Hockenson is coming back...that's the all-in move.

Oh yeah...that guy.

• Like 1

Just now, JDBrocks said:

His back injury popped up only a few weeks in.

Maybe I am misremembering everything, but I thought I remember the off season going like this. The team decides to start Brandel. Fans are skeptical as he has been a career back up for us. Risner sits in free agency, even made some tweets or something about not getting offers or something. Eventually, he signs on and the team mentions he will actually compete for either guard position. Never gets first team snaps. Gets injured.

Whether he should start or not, I donno. I'm not going to pretend I've analyzed guard play lol. But it just doesn't seem to me like the Vikings view Risner the same way fans do (because I've seen the sentiment of Risner starting in many places). Maybe things have changed throughout this season, but it isn't like Ingram's play is a surprise. So I'm doubtful of this idea that Vikings will just straight up replace Ingram with a guy they almost didn't sign and is coming back from injury. 

Again, maybe I'm misremembering, so ignore me if I'm wrong, but when people talk about Risner/Ingram it feels more like a "ANYONE BUT THIS GUY, PLEASE" when it just doesn't seem like it's in the cards.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Maybe I am misremembering everything, but I thought I remember the off season going like this. The team decides to start Brandel. Fans are skeptical as he has been a career back up for us. Risner sits in free agency, even made some tweets or something about not getting offers or something. Eventually, he signs on and the team mentions he will actually compete for either guard position. Never gets first team snaps. Gets injured.

Whether he should start or not, I donno. I'm not going to pretend I've analyzed guard play lol. But it just doesn't seem to me like the Vikings view Risner the same way fans do (because I've seen the sentiment of Risner starting in many places). Maybe things have changed throughout this season, but it isn't like Ingram's play is a surprise. So I'm doubtful of this idea that Vikings will just straight up replace Ingram with a guy they almost didn't sign and is coming back from injury. 

Again, maybe I'm misremembering, so ignore me if I'm wrong, but when people talk about Risner/Ingram it feels more like a "ANYONE BUT THIS GUY, PLEASE" when it just doesn't seem like it's in the cards.

Your timeline is right, but he was injured mid July. The competition just never really happened. You are right that he was signed to be a backup.

• Like 1