GB free agency 2022

squire12

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Hard pass on MVS for his apparent market. Douglas, absolutely. Z I'm definitely interested in that Baltimore deal. 

Rodgers said he would like to have MVS back, so the odds go up a little in his favor. 

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Makes Za'Darius pulling out of Baltimore a little more interesting.   But isn't Z's back WW3 level bad?

That's what my wife's cousin's surgeon told a Fed Ex driver from Burlington.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Juju on a one year prove it deal and draft a young speedster to fill mvs role of speed and occasional dropped passes for a fraction of the cost (if he really gets near 10 million)

I keep seeing all these people bring up Juju, is no one aware of big of a headcase and pain in the *** he has been to that locker room in Pittsburgh? He is an Antonio Brown level headcase.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, R T said:

I keep seeing all these people bring up Juju, is no one aware of big of a headcase and pain in the *** he has been to that locker room in Pittsburgh? He is an Antonio Brown level headcase.   

Let's see some examples as that's a very bold claim. Why do they keep bringing him back if that's the case? 

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Makes Za'Darius pulling out of Baltimore a little more interesting.   But isn't Z's back WW3 level bad?

None of us have any idea what condition Z's back is in, now that we could have him back for like 5m cap hit, I'd do it. Probably leaves room yet for a WR and TE along with Douglas. Go into the draft with the same D as last year's dominant playoff performance.

• Like 1

If we now give Jaire his 5 year 99m extension(surely we don't want to go down the Adams path with him), we should have around 29.3m in cap space available.

Factoring in the 4.2m for draft picks, 3.5m for practice squad, 1.65m for players 52/53 and 5m in season piggy bank for spending (all numbers taken from Ken Ingalls), we should have approx 15m to spend in free agency.

Depending on structure of the deals, that at best that gets us 2-4 players. Safe to assume Douglas is one of those so leaves 1-3 signings

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Cause he dances? 

Seriously. The only thing I can find is last year vs green Bay he made a comment about it being Ben's fault. Imagine being in a contract year with Ben throwing ducks all year. Dude rarely drops the ball and fights for each yard. Sign me up 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, R T said:

Rodgers said he would like to have MVS back, so the odds go up a little in his favor. 

I don't know what MVS's actual price range is, or what he might take to come back.  Perhaps his price-per-value ratio is excessive, beats me.  I'd love to be able to add somebody better, if that's possible.  But there aren't a bunch of perfect WR on the market at a price-point that Gute can fit.  MVS certainly isn't perfect, but he knows he system and could some sense, if his price is modest enough.  We'll see.  

Gute will certainly add some veteran guy who's played a lot and made a lot of catches.  Whether or not he can get somebody better than MVS, we'll see.  

Many fans, of course, thought we needed to add at WR even a year ago, when we had both Adams and MVS.  And some posters are suggesting signing not one but two veterans; others mention drafting two WR with high picks.  

I'm not sure how the numbers would likely work, or what Gute thinks of the guys he has.  You don't carry a million WR.  

A Scenario, just to help me process:

1. Cobb and Lazard are two current locks.
  2. You draft one high.
  3. You sign one veteran at least, whether MVS or not.  That gets the numbers to 4. 
  4. They'll want a couple more.  Fom the pool of Amari Rodgers; current depth guys like Winfree etc.; perhaps a second veteran addition; perhaps a second draft pick.  

Will be interesting moving forward whether Gute pours whatever vet-WR resources he invests into a single player, or divides it up over two guys.  Whether he'll invest enough in vets and draft choices such that depth guys are off-screen, or whether he'll assume a spot can be assigned for somebody like Winfree or whomever can beat him out?  Whether Amari will be a roster lock, and will get incorporated into snaps and targets and game plans or not?  If he drafts two, how high will the second pick go?  

I also imagine with more draft picks, he's got more capacity to shift around in the early rounds if there are players he really loves.  (Not just WR, of course.).