GB free agency 2022

squire12

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure anyone is arguing that.  But I think there's a very legitimate argument that Lazard would be significantly more productive with more opportunities.  He stays healthy, I don't know why 80/1000 isn't a realistic target for him.

Depending on who comes in I think he's actually very likely to do so. Solid complimentary piece to an offense and he might be forced into a larger role if we don't add 2 or 3 immediate options.

But there is a contingency here that is convinced he's worth way more than that tender, with allusions to all-time-great comparisons. I also don't see that out of him. 

Overall, I'm glad we slapped that tender on him considering how the room looks now.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure anyone is arguing that.  But I think there's a very legitimate argument that Lazard would be significantly more productive with more opportunities.  He stays healthy, I don't know why 80/1000 isn't a realistic target for him.

80/1000?  You really believe that?  I don't see that happening at all.  I think those numbers are beyond optimistic.

29 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

80/1000?  You really believe that?  I don't see that happening at all.  I think those numbers are beyond optimistic.

Absolutely.  Lazard's 60 targets ranked 105th among WRs tied with Byron Pringle and Nico Collins.  Even if you bump him around the ~100 target mark, that would have been 67 receptions and 855 receiving yards.  I think 70/900 would be on the pessimistic side of things.  Lazard was on a per target basis fairly similar to Davante Adams.  Except one got 169 targets and the other got 60.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

On 60 targets, Lazard put up 40/513/8. There's no reason to not believe that if you up his target share, he's going to produce.

At this point, if you could get him to sign a 3 year, $12M deal I'd jump at that.  I don't think he or his agent are dumb enough to do that, but still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

I think, like often happens, we are over rating our own.   I don't think Lazard is anywhere near the kind of player some of you seem to.

If we get 50 /600 we should feel fortunate.  

So...in other words, you're saying his production is completely dependent on Davante Adams?

I'd say that you're more guilty of underrating our own than we are overrating. Lazard is a legit NFL WR. He's produced solid numbers on low target shares, he's got size and really good hands and he's absolutely a vital piece in the run game. 

Anybody saying he's a #4 or anything of that ilk just doesn't know football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Pretty much.  I think he benefitted far more than was deprived of targets.  He's just a guy who can block.

I can't imagine how someone can watch Lazard play and come away with that opinion.  I guess we will find out this year.

• Like 2