Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

~~~~~~~Dak Prescott 2019 ~~~~~~~

• Jets 0 TDs QB Rating of only 89.4. 

• Saints 0 TDs/1 INT QB Rating of only 73.2.

• N.E 0 TDs/1 INT QB Rating of only 64.2.

• Philly 0 TDs QB Rating of only 74.5. 

What do you call that, Amari Copper's fault?

• Amari Cooper's 3 Dallas playoff games combined for 28 targets, 18 catches, 235 receiving yards and 2 TDs with an elite postseason Receiver Rating of 117.4. 

✓ Which = 149 targets, 96 receptions (64.4% Catch Rate Percentage), 1,253 Receiving Yards and 10.6 TDs per 16 game season with an elite Receiver Rating of 117.4.

Are you saying it's actually been Amari Cooper holding Dallas back during the playoffs?

Wut.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yup and put Davante Adams on Oakland/Dallas throughout his entire career and then make Amari Cooper Aaron Rodgers favorite #1 target and those same statistics would easily favor Amari Cooper (as they currently do Davante Adams).

And at the end of the day not only did Amari Cooper break every single historic All-Time Alabama receiving record but he currently ranks amongst All-Time NFL WRs top 10 in both Receptions and top 10 in Receiving Yards before the age of 28 (and regardless of how many times fans attempt to diminish his WR accomplishments these facts will remain exactly that; statistical proven facts). 

Terrell Suggs used to play RB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

In fact, both Zeke and Cooper combined have netted Dallas 0 Super Bowls. This evidence is pretty overwhelming. 

Dak is holding them all back. He's that bad that even with the Holy Trinity of Amari Cooper, Dalton Schultz, and Ezekiel Elliott he couldn't get it done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think the forum is practically begging for this to happen. 

Ok. 

Amari Cooper: 7 seasons. 

27 years old. 

108 games (15.4 per year). ✓ 

818 Targets (116.8 per year). ✓ 

517 Receptions (73.8 per year). ✓

7,076 Receiving Yards (1,010 per year). ✓

46 TDs (6.5 per year). ✓ 

393 1st down Catches (56.1 per year). ✓ 

8.7 yards per Target. ✓

13.6 yards per Catch. 

17 drops (previous 4 years). ✓ 

3.7 drop rate percentage (previous 4 years). ✓ 

63.2% Catch Rate Percentage. ✓ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corey Davis: 5 seasons. 

27 years old. 

65 Games (13.0 per year). 

397 Targets (79.4 per year). 

241 Receptions (48.2 per year). 

3,343 Receiving Yards (668 per year). 

15 TDs (3.0 per year).

169 1st down Catches (33.8 per year). 

8.4 yards per Target. 

13.8 yards per Catch. ✓

18 drops (previous 4 years).

6.4 drop rate percentage (previous 4 years).

60.7% Catch Rate Percentage. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could literally {almost} double the production of Corey Davis and he still would barely do in 10 years what Amari Cooper has done in only 7 years. 

Happy?

And you mean to tell me that Corey Davis was considered as a top 2 WR FA target last year?

Now just imagine just how coveted and sought after AMARI COOPER will truly become come 2022...

Anna Paquin Robyn GIF by Amazon Prime Video

31 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

In fact, both Zeke and Cooper combined have netted Dallas 0 Super Bowls. This evidence is pretty overwhelming. 

Dallas Cowboys haven't been back to a SB since dating back to 1995 of 27 years ago (Amari Cooper is only 27 years old).

(the evidence is extremely overwhelming).

I'm not making fun of Dallas. I can't (I'm a Jets fan). Just pointing out how the Amari Cooper blame game doesn't really quite, work for you...

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Dallas Cowboys haven't been back to a SB since dating back to 1995 of 27 years ago (Amari Cooper is only 27 years old).

I'm not making fun of Dallas. I can't (I'm a Jets fan). Just pointing out how the Amari Cooper blame game doesn't really quite, work for you...

You literally just proved that since Cooper has existed Dallas hasn’t won a Super Bowl. 

The defense rests. 

• Like 6

Why do you think Zach Wilson would be able to statistically support Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Elijah Moore and whatever TE upgrade you guys theoretically get? The favorite would be a statistical regression for Cooper as he draws coverage and helps get other guys open. Amari would likely get that defeated "why am I in this situation let me go" look he does.

I don't think there is a snowballs chance in the desert Amari Cooper would choose to go to the Jets if he was released. I could see it if the Jets offered close to the best trade compensation as the Cowboys likely never have to worry about looking stupid sending him there (I mean this as like AFC, not a contender to really "hurt" the Cowboys not as a troll). I could see Amari going to the Falcons in FA to replace Calvin Ridley, or Jacksonville to play with Lawrence and play in the south which I think is something important to him.

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why do you think Zach Wilson would be able to statistically support Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Elijah Moore and whatever TE upgrade you guys theoretically get? The favorite would be a statistical regression for Cooper as he draws coverage and helps get other guys open. Amari would likely get that defeated "why am I in this situation let me go" look he does.

I don't think there is a snowballs chance in the desert Amari Cooper would choose to go to the Jets if he was released. I could see it if the Jets offered close to the best trade compensation as the Cowboys likely never have to worry about looking stupid sending him there (I mean this as like AFC, not a contender to really "hurt" the Cowboys not as a troll). I could see Amari going to the Falcons in FA to replace Calvin Ridley, or Jacksonville to play with Lawrence and play in the south which I think is something important to him.

I mean, the jets weren't that bad throwing the ball with Wilson, plus the fact the defense is bottom rung on the league means lots of passing.  They finished middle of the pack despite starting Mike White or Joe Flacco for a quarter of the season with a ton of targets going to the likes of Braxton Berrios and Vyncint Smith

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1