Random Training Camp News 2017

SalvadorsDeli

1. All teams have injuries, but it seems 3-5 teams usually are outliers (some being very healthy, some being very injured)

2. Alongside the Chargers we have been one of the 3-5 teams the last couple of years with too many injuries.

3. Healthy teams are usually the ones who are winning :(

While it might not be a huge issue with Perrimans harmstring, it is still concerning that he again misses time in TC, as it apparently is a huge reason he hasn't performed better than he has according to the coaching staff.

With Urschel and Siragusa out, we need some depth as it doesn’t seem the Nembot, Wesley plays well enough to be in consideration and do we really REALLY want to rely on Hurst as a starter?

Hurst was actually a sleeper for me back when he was drafted where he fell through the draft because of a broken leg. But he hasn’t shown enough for me to consider him a valid option.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we would see a heavy shuffle on the oline either prior to the season start or in season. Yanda could be moved around to either RT or LG, and Lewis from LG to RT in order to fit the other pieces we have on oline and let them play to their strength.

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Just post a link of the tweet and it'll automatically embed:

Should slot immediately into the starting lineup at RT. Good signing. 

Seems like the lineup along the O-Line should be pretty set:

LT - Ronnie Stanley
LG - Alex Lewis
OC - Ryan Jensen
RG - Marshall Yanda
RT - Austin Howard

Eluemenor, Hurst, Nembot, Wesley, Skura and the newly-signed Nelson should all be in the mix for reserve spots (Eluemenor is a lock, I would imagine).

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Seems like the lineup along the O-Line should be pretty set:

LT - Ronnie Stanley
LG - Alex Lewis
OC - Ryan Jensen
RG - Marshall Yanda
RT - Austin Howard

Eluemenor, Hurst, Nembot, Wesley, Skura and the newly-signed Nelson should all be in the mix for reserve spots (Eluemenor is a lock, I would imagine).

Eh... I guess it's ok. The biggest question I have is who plays center if Jensen gets hurt. Is Skura really going to make the team?

I don't see a reason to have a "fixed" number for the Dlinemen. If we have 8 quality starters who can rotate and fill a specific role in specific games, that holds more value than carrying an extra safety, DB or linebacker who's greatest asset is being a depth player/inactive on gameday.

"WR: Wallace, Maclin Perriman,, Moore Whalen, Adeboyejo (6) 

That was from the old forums "predict the week 1 roster". I had Adeboyejo as my dark horse to make the roster and he is making his case. I like the kid

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I don't see a reason to have a "fixed" number for the Dlinemen. If we have 8 quality starters who can rotate and fill a specific role in specific games, that holds more value than carrying an extra safety, DB or linebacker who's greatest asset is being a depth player/inactive on gameday.

Though for what it's worth there would be two or three of those eight defensive lineman inactive on gameday anyways. The Ravens usually only keep five or six on the gameday active list.

The thought of having a real rotation is nice, but still very unlikely given Pees' history. Like I've said before it's the three starters, one backup, and then the fifth guy maybe gets a handful of snaps. The pattern is pretty clear. So this year it should be Williams, Pierce, and Urban starting with Wormley and Kaufusi battling it out for the fourth and fifth spots. Davis, Henry, and Ricard are SOL unless (when) injuries occur. 

58 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Though for what it's worth there would be two or three of those eight defensive lineman inactive on gameday anyways. The Ravens usually only keep five or six on the gameday active list.

The thought of having a real rotation is nice, but still very unlikely given Pees' history. Like I've said before it's the three starters, one backup, and then the fifth guy maybe gets a handful of snaps. The pattern is pretty clear. So this year it should be Williams, Pierce, and Urban starting with Wormley and Kaufusi battling it out for the fourth and fifth spots. Davis, Henry, and Ricard are SOL unless (when) injuries occur. 

Traditions or what to call it shouldn't be a factor. Talent should, and if we can carry more talent by keeping more linemen than we usually do, that should be the approach.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a guy like Henry or Davis fall off as we get closer to the season, and if we get a knicked up linemen of the 6 you mentioned, we are suddenly not as deep on the position as we thought.

43 minutes ago, Danand said:

Traditions or what to call it shouldn't be a factor. Talent should, and if we can carry more talent by keeping more linemen than we usually do, that should be the approach.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a guy like Henry or Davis fall off as we get closer to the season, and if we get a knicked up linemen of the 6 you mentioned, we are suddenly not as deep on the position as we thought.

Shouldn't be, but it is what it is. And we know Pees isn't ever going to change. It would have happened by this point. But he's practically the same defensive coordinator he was with New England. The only thing different is that the game passed him by years ago.

Archived