And the Pick is... NOT... in

vike daddy

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Never said they don't, but I don't really want players who use that argument as a primary basis for where they prefer to play.  

It shouldn't be the main reason that a player wants to play someplace but it is nice when players are aware of the Financials and don't just see the total dollar amount and then go broke as soon as the money stops coming in

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It shouldn't be the main reason that a player wants to play someplace but it is nice when players are aware of the Financials and don't just see the total dollar amount and then go broke as soon as the money stops coming in

Well, the problem I have is that appears to be his main reason.  There's a difference between being aware of the financials and putting that at the top of the list...which appears to be his case.  I'd be very hesitant on putting him high on my board because I would have several questions about his desire for the game and whether once he feels he has "enough" that he'll just quit and move on to the next phase of his life.  That's a lot of presumption on my part, but I'd certainly have to ask him more probing questions.

14 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

IMO, Travon Walker, Jermaine Johnson and Jordan Davis.

I do like Jordon Davis and almost edited my post. I don't have Jermaine projected near that high ATM but I'll be sure to take a closer look. I do like Walker but was thinking 12 might be a little too early. You think Walker over those O-lineman?

If Stingley and Gardner are gone I think we should trade down. After the top 10 players there is a big drop in talent in this class. That is why I think it’ll be ideal if we can trade down to the 20s and acquire extra 2nd or 3rd round picks. One player that I do like a lot is Jordan Davis. I would take him in the 1st even though we already have Pierce and Tomlinson. Jordan Davis has incredible tape, especially against the run. Another player who’s tape really impressed me is Sam Williams. He is very strong and fast off the edge. His game tape is more impressive than Jermaine Johnson’s in my opinion. Jordan Davis and Sam Williams would instantly make our defense better. The cornerback class is surprisingly deep this year too so we might end up having Elam or Gordon fall to us in the second round. Can’t wait to see what Kwesi will do. 

Edited by Purplepride323

10 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I do like Jordon Davis and almost edited my post. I don't have Jermaine projected near that high ATM but I'll be sure to take a closer look. I do like Walker but was thinking 12 might be a little too early. You think Walker over those O-lineman?

I see 3 long-term starters along the OL currently in Darrisaw, Cleveland, and O'Neill.

I think Neal, Ekwonu, and possibly one of Penning/Cross will be gone by pick 12. I think we have bigger needs in round 1 than OL and I'm still holding out hope that Wyatt Davis was just in Zimmer's dog-house and has worked himself back into shape.

It would be a tough call, for me, assuming Neal, Ekwonu, and Walker were all available at 12. Neal is strictly an OT and I'm not willing to give up on Darrisaw so quickly. Ekwonu would most likely solidify the OL at RG and provide insurance should Darrisaw flounder. Walker would be a nice threat opposite of Hunter. If I was ranking them I suppose I would go.

Walker
Ekwonu
Neal

If you're asking about Linderbaum, historically, OC's have not been drafted in the top 15. Since 2010 the 3 highest OC's drafted were Pouncey (2010 1.18), Kelly (2016 1.18), and our own Bradbury (2019 1.18). I know there were a handful more drafted in the 20's. Perhaps Linderbaum breaks that trend but I'd prefer to trade down a little bit if he was our target.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I see 3 long-term starters along the OL currently in Darrisaw, Cleveland, and O'Neill.

I think Neal, Ekwonu, and possibly one of Penning/Cross will be gone by pick 12. I think we have bigger needs in round 1 than OL and I'm still holding out hope that Wyatt Davis was just in Zimmer's dog-house and has worked himself back into shape.

It would be a tough call, for me, assuming Neal, Ekwonu, and Walker were all available at 12. Neal is strictly an OT and I'm not willing to give up on Darrisaw so quickly. Ekwonu would most likely solidify the OL at RG and provide insurance should Darrisaw flounder. Walker would be a nice threat opposite of Hunter. If I was ranking them I suppose I would go.

Walker
Ekwonu
Neal

If you're asking about Linderbaum, historically, OC's have not been drafted in the top 15. Since 2010 the 3 highest OC's drafted were Pouncey (2010 1.18), Kelly (2016 1.18), and our own Bradbury (2019 1.18). I know there were a handful more drafted in the 20's. Perhaps Linderbaum breaks that trend but I'd prefer to trade down a little bit if he was our target.

I agree with almost everything you wrote here. I took trading down off the table for the sake of this topic but otherwise trade down for me would come at option #6. I was thinking Pouncey went higher but wasn't sure but in any case the RG spot is my biggest OL concern, so if the coaches didn't believe Linderbaum and or Bradbury could play RG for us it wouldn't make sense. Neal would be a waste some how some way but his talent is so high I think I would pull the trigger (that being said I'm happy with going into the season with Darrisaw and O'Neal) . This is too early for the RG spot but I went down this road with the thinking BPA over need. If Walker/Johnson is as good of prospect than these O-Line I would alter/shift this wish list to include them before Neal. I don't have Walker there right now but I like Walker a lot so he could rise after reviewing more and watching his combine drills and such. I had the combine on as background noise but wasn't focused. Got it recorded and will do more due diligence. Thanks for your feed back!

• Like 1