And the Pick is... NOT... in

vike daddy

Who will be the Vikings' pick at #12...?

ESPN's Jordan Reid had Minnesota selecting Michigan edge defender David Ojabo 12th overall. Reid opined that Ojabo would be an excellent fit for new Vikings Defensive Coordinator Ed Donatell's scheme, which Reid referred to as "4-3 Under."

"You need that weakside defensive end. Donatell already came out and said Danielle's probably going to stand up and have his hand in the dirt a little bit, go back and forth with that. But I think Danielle, with his strength and his power and his length, he can play on that strongside. We know he's a very good run defender, as well as a very gifted pass rusher, too. But you need that guy opposite of him, and I think David Ojabo, just as naturally gifted as he is already as a pass rusher – I think he's an underrated run defender, too. He still has some developing that he needs to do in that area, but as far as being ready as a pass rusher right away, right now – in Donatell's defense, we know the most important pieces are the edge rushers and the safeties. So having Ojabo opposite of Danielle Hunter? Let's go hunt some quarterbacks.

We know Aidan Hutchinson was 'the guy' at Michigan. I mean, let's not sugarcoat that. He was the guy on that defense that everybody game-planned for, And that's not taking anything away from Ojabo; Ojabo is very much gifted and a very talented as a pass rusher. But just imagine now, him at the next level with Danielle Hunter.

And we're talking about a player that's only a one-year starter. So there's a lot, as far as him just scratching the surface of his potential – he only started playing football in 2017. So we're talking about not even five years that he's fully played and been engaged in the game of football. I just really like the upside there with Ojabo."

https://www.vikings.com/news/early-nfl-draft-predictions-2022-pick-12

ESPN's Matt Miller:

"Oh, man. In a perfect world, is Derek Stingley, Jr., there at 12? I'm a risk-taker, apparently, right? I would gamble on Derek Stingley, because I remember watching him as a freshman, and he was the best corner in college football – as a true freshman. I know he's had some downtime the last two years, but he should be well-rested after only playing 10 games these past two years.

I still think the sky's the limit for him. If you get coached up and he gets in a scheme, an Ed Donatell scheme I think would be great for him, he could be the best corner in football – in a very short amount of time. The talent is absolutely there."

https://www.vikings.com/news/early-nfl-draft-predictions-2022-pick-12

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Stingley is #1 on my wishlist. 

Cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. isn’t working out at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week, but he is in town and he told reporters that he’s making progress in his return from a Lisfranc injury. Stingley only played three games in 2021 because of the injury, but he said on Saturday that he’s “ahead of schedule” in his rehab and that he is “on pace to do what I have to do” when LSU hosts its Pro Day workout on April 6.

Stingley: “I’m almost close to 100 percent, right now getting into running, starting to do a couple plants, breaking downhill, that’s realty where I’m at.”

Stingley said no teams have expressed concern about his foot when he’s spoken with them at the Combine, but he’s played just 10 games the last two seasons due to the injury and COVID so any team that takes him early in the draft will be banking on his freshman production being a sign of things to come.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/05/derek-stingley-jr-getting-into-running-after-lisfranc-injury/

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Keyvon. Any slip out of the top 5 I’d be willing to make the jump.

dude has the skills, yes, but not the attitude i like to see.

i read something two weeks ago about the teams he prefers to draft him because of their lower state income tax rates. ok.... more concerned with his eventual net salary than anything else at that time.

hard to be impressed by that.

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

dude has the skills, yes, but not the attitude i like to see.

i read something two weeks ago about the teams he prefers to draft him because of their lower state income tax rates. ok.... more concerned with his eventual net salary than anything else at that time.

hard to be impressed by that.

That's unusual but I wouldn't say that it's a big character flaw to have a preference on what state they go to