Last call! Is he coming or going?

Leader

Based on nothing except uneducated guesswork, I think it's Denver or Tennessee with Pittsburgh or LV being the darkhorse candidates.  I think if he wanted to be back in GB, he would have already.  I think Denver and Tennessee have the supporting casts to be really good teams.  Pittsburgh, I think, really wants him and so might have made a more competitive trade/contract offer just to be in the conversation.  And while LV hasn't been mentioned lately, I don't think they can be taken out of the conversation either.

So I suspect in order of possibilities:

1. Denver or Tennesee
  2. Pittsburgh
  3. LV
  4. GB
  5. Possible other darkhorse candidate

2 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Based on nothing except uneducated guesswork, I think it's Denver or Tennessee with Pittsburgh or LV being the darkhorse candidates.  I think if he wanted to be back in GB, he would have already.  I think Denver and Tennessee have the supporting casts to be really good teams.  Pittsburgh, I think, really wants him and so might have made a more competitive trade/contract offer just to be in the conversation.  And while LV hasn't been mentioned lately, I don't think they can be taken out of the conversation either.

1. Denver or Tennesee
  2. Pittsburgh
  3. LV
  4. GB

LV makes sense. He can stay in Davante's house while he's playing in PIT :)

Peter Bukowski -  There are two pieces of leverage Aaron Rodgers has this year he didn’t have last year and they’re both about time:

1. Davante Adams UFA/tag timeline gives Rodgers leverage

2. Rodgers decision comes before free agency to actually affect off-season decisions.

I honestly have no idea how this plays out. I'm in the trade him crowd. One thing that is certain, this has made doubters of us all. I don't know of a single person who has said he's staying, or he's going and not changed their minds a few times. It's made us all a little bit wonky as well. We all want what is best for the Packers but those opinions are widely varying as to what we think is best. Which is great and also why we do what we do and not what they do. 

Keep your sanity fellow Packer fans, it will be over soon. One way or the other. 

It also brings another song lyric to mind, "God have mercy on the man, who doubts what he's sure of!" Name that tune and artist! 

Edited by Old Guy

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -  If your spouse/partner of 17 years needs two months to decide whether to keep being your spouse/partner, that's probably not a great sign for your continued relationship.

This is so true .. I think the Packers brass might be sick and tired of Aaron as well and are playing their love of him up for maximum draft capital return via trade.  I have this idea that Gute, Murphy and Ball want to jettison the guy, but LaFleur really wants to keep him.  I hope the four of them have reached consensus in recent days. 

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -  If your spouse/partner of 17 years needs two months to decide whether to keep being your spouse/partner, that's probably not a great sign for your continued relationship.

If you take 2 months to decide whether to switch jobs, thats not that big of a deal though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

1. Denver or Tennesee
  2. Pittsburgh
  3. LV
  4. GB

Arizona!' Then we're trading Kyler Murray to the Jets! 

I think his supposed girlfriend has exactly zero impact on his decision contrary to what some think.  I do think the idea of a fresh start with a fresh team with a fresh cap could trigger this complicated fella.  I believe Rodgers asked for and got permission to speak to other teams some time ago, with a few controls in place.  I think he's been shopping some of his "friends" along with himself.  If he gets what he wants from another team he's likely gone.  I still think a better chance he is back with GB.

For the sake of the long term health of the team I hope he's traded for a windfall.  I'd bet he's back though, just barely.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

I think his supposed girlfriend has exactly zero impact on his decision contrary to what some think.  I do think the idea of a fresh start with a fresh team with a fresh cap could trigger this complicated fella.  I believe Rodgers asked for and got permission to speak to other teams some time ago, with a few controls in place.  I think he's been shopping some of his "friends" along with himself.  If he gets what he wants from another team he's likely gone.  I still think a better chance he is back with GB.

For the sake of the long term health of the team I hope he's traded for a windfall.  I'd bet he's back though, just barely.

Does anyone know what the framework of these conversations is? I am asking in a situation where the player has got approval to talk to other teams? Do they talk just about term and salary? i.e just the contract. How can the player and agent have conversations with teams without knowing if the current team gets a package that they want in the trade?

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Does anyone know what the framework of these conversations is? I am asking in a situation where the player has got approval to talk to other teams? Do they talk just about term and salary? i.e just the contract. How can the player and agent have conversations with teams without knowing if the current team gets a package that they want in the trade?

If the Packers have given approval for Rodgers to talk to other teams a framework of what it will take in draft pick/player capital has been agreed upon in advance.  Rodgers side would then talk money with that prospective team.