2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah. New Orleans was $50MM over and then were in the running for the predator who got $46MM per year. It’s all an illusion. 

Possibly but I doubt they can resign Armstead on the Saints.  But yeah if it is that easy to manipulate then why even have it honestly.  

They signed Winston to a decent contract but lost Marcus Williams and only got Marcus Maye so it is not like the Saints are killing it and making tons of signings either.  But yeah the cap can clearly be manipulated by signing bonuses to proven players who you trust and just giving them money outright that way.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

ZaDarius Smith was going to sign a 4 years $35 million with a max value of $50 million contract with the Ravens and I assume he did not go there because it was not enough money.

Just not sure how much money they (the Vikings) actually have available.  

Smith wouldn't be visiting us, or more accurately his agent wouldn't be, unless there was enough money to do the deed.

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Smith wouldn't be visiting us, or more accurately his agent wouldn't be, unless there was enough money to do the deed.

Ehh  Chandler Jones visited Minnesota, that meant nothing as well.  And he got a bigger deal than what Smith was offered on the Ravens.  But sure maybe Smith loves that LB coach the Vikings got from the Packers and will come here regardless, I doubt it, I assume he did not take the Ravens deal because he wanted more money.  

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ehh  Chandler Jones visited Minnesota, that meant nothing as well.  And he got a bigger deal than what Smith was offered on the Ravens.  But sure maybe Smith loves that LB coach the Vikings got from the Packers and will come here regardless, I doubt it, I assume he did not take the Ravens deal because he wanted more money.  

I’d say the bigger thing is the media leaking how long he’s been here and now they are at Mannys. 

didn’t hear squat about Jones.

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’d say the bigger thing is the media leaking how long he’s been here and now they are at Mannys. 

didn’t hear squat about Jones.

I believe Chandler Jones posted something on his social media, like infront of the stadium or something with Minnesota ties.  Not that big of a deal honestly, only reason Smith is coming here is the LB coach I assume who saved his career arguably with those two breakout seasons.  

I’d love if we could find a way to bring in both Tretter and Smith, but I feel like that is a Hail Mary given the money involved. 

A note about Tretter from my buddy who is an avid Browns fan that I host a podcast with: Tretter is consistently banged up. He still makes it out on Sunday’s, but age and wear and tear has caught up with him to the point that he doesn’t practice much to extend his longevity. Sooner or later I assume that will mean significant lost playing time, and with little more than speculation by fans and connecting the dots, maybe he isn’t on Kwesi’s radar based on his knowledge of him from their time together in Cleveland.

Edited by NorthCountryEvo

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

As piss-poor as we seem to think our pass-blocking was, according to Football Outsiders, the Vikings' OL was the 3rd best in pass protection last year in the entire NFL.  They indicate that it was our run-blocking was where we failed.  And if you go into the details further, the middle of the line was middle of the pack in the NFL.  In the end, it was the RG spot that was the biggest weakness, not Bradbury.

Wasn't Bradbury in the 30s in pass blocking grade by PFF? and in the 60s in run blocking?

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I believe Chandler Jones posted something on his social media, like infront of the stadium or something with Minnesota ties.  Not that big of a deal honestly, only reason Smith is coming here is the LB coach I assume who saved his career arguably with those two breakout seasons.  

I think it was a picture of him walking by a vikings sign at the stadium from a while ago.

46 minutes ago, Heavydan85 said:

I think it was a picture of him walking by a vikings sign at the stadium from a while ago.

I never saw the photo but yeah looks like that, either way agents talk and clearly were discussing with Minnesota and he went somewhere else where he can make more money.  Why would Z. Smith not do the exact same thing?  Still with that back injury that is a major deal and who knows if he is the same player afterwards but will see.  The Ravens have a chance at the Super Bowl with a dynamic QB, not sure the Vikings are in the same situation obviously.  Mike Smith is the main reason he is interviewing is my guess, but sure would be great to get him for cheap but not sure that happens and I would rather have a veteran corner than him considering the CB lack in depth.  

49 minutes ago, Heavydan85 said:

Wasn't Bradbury in the 30s in pass blocking grade by PFF? and in the 60s in run blocking?

He has been in the 30s his entire career in pass blocking and run blocking was around 68 sometimes in the 70s.  Either way dude gets killed by power consistently but yeah compared to RG he is decent enough. Doubt he is the dude for that spot long term.

10 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

Ozzy what do you assume I had for dinner tonight? Since you assume to know everything else.

It was a flavor of ice cream called Pralines and D  😉

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

on the perilous subject of assuming and guessing...

i used to work for a team of very high end, brilliant attorneys, as a special investigative assistant. i'm not talking about following cheating husbands around, what i investigated was corporate and political abuse and looking at the motivational social reasons (the people involved) who decided to do certain actions. one of the things these highly trained lawyers taught me early on was never to make assumptions and then try to find evidence to prove them worthy. instead, accumulate facts and see which conclusions they lead you to. it's never about promoting your own theories was another bedrock principle of investigation i learned.

there's a poster or two here who could benefit by such training.

ps: you'd be amazed at what secretaries and clerks will say to a stranger on the phone about their employers, once rapport is established.

• Like 3