2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

Just now, swede700 said:

Flowers isn't going to get $10M from anyone...that's why Washington cut him. He'll probably only get slightly above half that, if he's lucky at this point.

I tend to agree with this.
Pretty much all the double digit (Million) contracts AVV are done now, unless 1 year types.
But Flowers I agree in the $5M range.

• Like 1

Flowers would be a solid veteran addition, but signing Flowers would require that either he, or Ezra, move to right guard. That would have me a bit anxious. 

Flowers has never played right guard. That’s a significant task to ask him to flip sides. And we all know how poorly that can go. Cleveland played right guard during his rookie year, but he certainly looked more comfortable on the left side and seemed to be settling into that spot nicely by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Flowers would be a solid veteran addition, but signing Flowers would require that either he, or Ezra, move to right guard. That would have me a bit anxious. 

Flowers has never played right guard. That’s a significant task to ask him to flip sides. And we all know how poorly that can go. Cleveland played right guard during his rookie year, but he certainly looked more comfortable on the left side and seemed to be settling into that spot nicely by the end of the year. 

I hadn't really paid attention, but that's a very good point.  He hasn't even played on the right side at all since he was a freshman at the U a decade ago.  

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Sullivan spent the last three years with the Packers and appeared in every game the team played over that time. He started 20 times over the last two seasons and finished his run in Green Bay with 102 tackles, five interceptions, an interception return for a touchdown, and a forced fumble.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/24/chandon-sullivan-set-to-visit-vikings/

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Is he immediately the best CB on the roster or just another Dantzler level player?

He’s probably not the guy I would hope gets the slot job after camp, but he’s certainly a step up over what they had in Alexander last year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Za’Darius Smith has a $3.35M cap hit in 2022. 

Leaves the Vikings with somewhere between $11M and $18M in cap space. 

Until we somehow restructure the ball boy's contract and create another $14MM. 

#TheCapIsALie

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1