2022 Offseason Discussion

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

And it was the first time they invested anything more than the minimum iinto the position group since they have been together. You need 3, we have 1 in 5 years.

This FO has had two drafts and they’ve spent a top 50 pick and a 3rd rounder on LB.  Dorsey spent a 3rd on a LB too.

That’s 3 consecutive years of day 2 picks.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This FO has had two drafts and they’ve spent a top 50 pick and a 3rd rounder on LB.  Dorsey spent a 3rd on a LB too.

Counterpoint: Aside from JOK, the highest drafted LB this organization has drafted since 1999 was D'Quell Jackson at 34 overall.

I'm tired of the Phillips/Wallie Rainer/Mack Wilson/Ben Taylors of the world personally.

I get that LB is kind of a "luxury" sometimes, but freaking draft a stud MIKE LB one time please.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who? Phillips who hasnt made a single play in his entire time in the NFL? Im talking about really addressing the position. Not spending a mid-rounder on the 35th best LB in the draft. Going after it like the Steelers/Ravens go after it.

Loves the JOK pick, but they still passed on him the first time around before trading back up.

I need 2 more LBs like JOK.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Counterpoint: Aside from JOK, the highest drafted LB this organization has drafted since 1999 was D'Quell Jackson at 34 overall.

I'm tired of the Phillips/Wallie Rainer/Mack Wilson/Ben Taylors of the world personally.

I get that LB is kind of a "luxury" sometimes, but freaking draft a stud MIKE LB one time please.

I’m with you, but the criticism that this FO hasn’t invested in LBers is simply inaccurate.

They can’t fix 20 years of ineptitude.

I’m with you, but the criticism that this FO hasn’t invested in LBers is simply inaccurate.

They haven't made it a PRIORITY. They've invested the same way I invest in mutual funds. I take my spare money I can afford and sink it in there, hoping that buying a lot over time will eventually pan out, as opposed to investing into my primary retirement and house like they have with DBs, EDGE, and offensive line positions (not that I fault them for that).

They can’t fix 20 years of ineptitude.

Fair

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Wasn’t mingo a Lb

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Who? Phillips who hasnt made a single play in his entire time in the NFL?

He was injured like all of last season.  Most dudes don’t make plays on IR.

Im talking about really addressing the position. Not spending a mid-rounder on the 35th best LB in the draft. Going after it like the Steelers/Ravens go after it.

I’m not against it.  But it’s as MWil said, a bit of a luxury.  Maybe if we didn’t have to spend a first on a QB every 2-3 years we’d be able to?

Loves the JOK pick, but they still passed on him the first time around before trading back up.

For a better prospect and likely more valuable player. What’s the prob Bob?

I need 2 more LBs like JOK.

Completely agree.

He was injured like all of last season.  Most dudes don’t make plays on IR.

I’m not against it.  But it’s as MWil said, a bit of a luxury.  Maybe if we didn’t have to spend a first on a QB every 2-3 years we’d be able to?

For a better prospect and likely more valuable player. What’s the prob Bob?

Completely agree.

I just want LBs lol I am so sick of playing mediocre/average LBs every year who are incapable of being impact players. JOK is that dude, but all that did was make me want more of them.

For instance, I would 1000000% rather gave given 11M a year to Myles Jack over 5M a year to Walker.