2022 Offseason Discussion

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just hope maybe cooler heads can prevail and they can figure things out with Baker.

I’m all for upgrading, but I’m cool on change for the sake of change.

Anyone other than Watson is a lateral move imo.

I think it's been mentioned quite a bit...but I don't know if there is turning back at this point, and I believe something was probably going on behind the scenes, that has been alluded to.  I don't think we will be going back to Baker!!!

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Im not the biggest supporter in the world of Baker, but there is always that thing in the back of your mind about knowing he STILL has potential higher than Jimmy. Even if Baker carries himself as a dejected teenager at times--I know there is a great QB somewhere in there.

Jimmy G is just Baker without the upside but with the stoic/professional attitude.

The question becomes, is Baker the next Carson Wentz or is he the next Drew Brees?

I think a lateral move, let alone a trade, is just stupid.

As anti Watson as I am, I at least GET the move, but you'd better get that done or handle it better than this.

Jimmy G is a more often hurt, about as effective/ineffective, and older version with a more noodle arm and higher completion % version of Baker.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I think it's been mentioned quite a bit...but I don't know if there is turning back at this point, and I believe something was probably going on behind the scenes, that has been alluded to.  I don't think we will be going back to Baker!!!

Baker did mention numerous times 'stuff going on internally'. Thought that was related to OBJ, but it could very well have been about the FO/coaching.

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Why not though?  Like, if they’re being adults and operating on facts and reality and not feelings, is there a notable upgrade over Baker?  Is there a better opportunity for Baker than here?  

Maybe this slice of humble pie is exactly what Baker needed?

Why not though?  Like, if they’re being adults and operating on facts and reality and not feelings, is there a notable upgrade over Baker?  Is there a better opportunity for Baker than here?  

Maybe this slice of humble pie is exactly what Baker needed?

I mean it could be as effective as drafting a QB in the 3rd to sit behind him to light a fire under his ***.

We have also seen many times QBs beefing with their FO that gets drug out forever and then at the end of the day it gets resolved and they move forward.....**cough** Aaron Rodgers **cough**

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think a lateral move, let alone a trade, is just stupid.

As anti Watson as I am, I at least GET the move, but you'd better get that done or handle it better than this.

Jimmy G is a more often hurt, about as effective/ineffective, and older version with a more noodle arm and higher completion % version of Baker.

And Ryan is declining by the week.

Dude had 20/12 last year as opposed to 17/13 for Baker and one of them was throwing to Pitts/Ridley and playing in a dome/the south in the winter.

Ryan is a bigger name and was a stud at one point, but that point isn’t 2022.

• Like 3

Dude had 20/12 last year as opposed to 17/13 for Baker and one of them was throwing to Pitts/Ridley and playing in a dome/the south in the winter.

I truly wonder what it would take to get Carr. Baker + 1st + 3rd?

It would take the Raiders residing to the fact that behind the Cheifs/Broncos/Chargers there probably isnt much of a chance for them in the division for the forseeable future, but thats all just speculation.

Ryan is old, deteriorating, and put him in Cleveland and he'll look like Ben the last 3 years with that noodle arm.

Jimmy G is about as lateral as it gets.

Jordan Love PROBABLY sucks but MAYBE he's a lottery ticket win, and IMO at this point, THAT is what you need. If he's garbage, you draft a dude or make a huge splash in 2023 vs. living in limbo. If he's great, you've just "won" and minimized tradable assets.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not the biggest supporter in the world of Baker, but there is always that thing in the back of your mind about knowing he STILL has potential higher than Jimmy. Even if Baker carries himself as a dejected teenager at times--I know there is a great QB somewhere in there.

Jimmy G is just Baker without the upside but with the stoic/professional attitude.

The question becomes, is Baker the next Carson Wentz or is he the next Drew Brees?

Talented, injured, traded, bust orrrr talented, injured, traded, HOF

This is pretty much where I’m at with the situation. I’m pretty low on Baker compared to most others here but, I think Jimmy G is at best a lateral move and most likely a down grade. Unless Baker demands a trade I’m rolling with him for at least another year 

• Like 1

I mean it could be as effective as drafting a QB in the 3rd to sit behind him to light a fire under his ***.

Maybe. But I’d rather flirt with Watson and fail than waste a 3rd on this years class lol

We have also seen many times QBs beefing with their FO that gets drug out forever and then at the end of the day it gets resolved and they move forward.....**cough** Aaron Rodgers **cough**

Yep. 

It would take the Raiders residing to the fact that behind the Cheifs/Broncos/Chargers there probably isnt much of a chance for them in the division for the forseeable future, but thats all just speculation.

Before yesterday I'd have thought this was a possibility. @candyman93 posted a great graphic that showed the arms race in the AFC West. They're retooling and loading up for a divisional race, and trading Carr doesn't get them there. They're going all out to win, which means they won't trade Carr.

• Like 1

Carr is.. idk man.  Like, he’s better then Baker, but he’s not GOOD.  

If the raiders don’t think Carr is good enough to go toe to toe with those teams, I’m not sure we should either.

Carr is an improvement, sure, but I’m not trading a first and then some to get him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Before yesterday I'd have thought this was a possibility. @candyman93 posted a great graphic that showed the arms race in the AFC West. They're retooling and loading up for a divisional race, and trading Carr doesn't get them there. They're going all out to win, which means they won't trade Carr.

Oh for sure, hes not going anywhere *until* the Raiders realize with Carr vs Mahomes/Wilson/Herby they wont be going anywhere for the forseeable future.

Its just a matter of how long will it take them to realize they are likely out of that race for the next few seasons and use their time to rebuild. Maybe next offseason if they go 6-13?

Just trying to stay positive lol

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ryan is old, deteriorating, and put him in Cleveland and he'll look like Ben the last 3 years with that noodle arm.

100%.  

Jimmy G is about as lateral as it gets.

He’s better than Baker at some stuff, but yeah, not a notable improvement. And he’s forever hurt.

Jordan Love PROBABLY sucks but MAYBE he's a lottery ticket win, and IMO at this point, THAT is what you need. If he's garbage, you draft a dude or make a huge splash in 2023 vs. living in limbo. If he's great, you've just "won" and minimized tradable assets.

I guess.  I don’t think you’re wrong here, I just hate the idea of seeing ‘22 be a fart noise of a season just cuz.

• Like 1

Oh for sure, hes not going anywhere *until* the Raiders realize with Carr vs Mahomes/Wilson/Herby they wont be going anywhere for the forseeable future.

Its just a matter of how long will it take them to realize they are likely out of that race for the next few seasons and use their time to rebuild. Maybe next offseason if they go 6-13?

Just trying to stay positive lol

That would be a helluva turn of events for that team to make the playoffs and then win 2 games.