Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Note -- He said "Washington",, Not the Commanthers ! Does anyone, ANYONE truly like that name !?

My side of it? I'm just not used to it yet. I still call and say Washington often because of the last two years.

• Like 1

Sign Julio Jones now!

I know we could get a deal similar to this.

JuJu Smith-Schuster signed a one-year, $10.75 million contract with the Chiefs. After a deep dive into the nitty gritty of the deal, though, Pro Football Talk discovered it’s actually a one-year, $3.25 million deal with $7.5 million (!) in incentives. Even more crazy? Just $2.49 million of that amount is fully guaranteed.

Here’s PFT’s breakdown:

He gets a signing bonus of $1.455 million and a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.035 million. The rest of the base package comes from a workout bonus ($250,000) and per-game roster bonuses ($30,000 per game, or up to $510,000).

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sign Julio Jones now!

I know we could get a deal similar to this.

JuJu Smith-Schuster signed a one-year, $10.75 million contract with the Chiefs. After a deep dive into the nitty gritty of the deal, though, Pro Football Talk discovered it’s actually a one-year, $3.25 million deal with $7.5 million (!) in incentives. Even more crazy? Just $2.49 million of that amount is fully guaranteed.

Here’s PFT’s breakdown:

He gets a signing bonus of $1.455 million and a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.035 million. The rest of the base package comes from a workout bonus ($250,000) and per-game roster bonuses ($30,000 per game, or up to $510,000).

Another reason why I thought Juju could of been a good cheap pick up, low risk extremely high reward. I got called crazy for having him in my mock offseason. I knew he would be on a prove it deal

14 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Another reason why I thought Juju could of been a good cheap pick up, low risk extremely high reward. I got called crazy for having him in my mock offseason. I knew he would be on a prove it deal

Did people really call you crazy? I wasn't for it per say, but I wasn't saying it shouldn't happen. I just don't want to do ace's plan of signing him or Jones and then drafting a WR also in the 1st. Too many cooks when we have other needs. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did people really call you crazy? I wasn't for it per say, but I wasn't saying it shouldn't happen. I just don't want to do ace's plan of signing him or Jones and then drafting a WR also in the 1st. Too many cooks when we have other needs. 

Ok well no one called me crazy but a lot against it lol, I wanted us to sign him last year. Just think for the money he has great upside that’s all. He’s been a relatively cheap signing the last two years. He’s not a number 1 but we don’t need that. We have Terry. But he proved to be a heck of a number 2.

between his age, upside, contract, and competitiveness I think he would of fit well here. If only he can give up the tik toks 

if we would of signed him I would of been against drafting a WR. Would of focused on sauce or Hamilton if available. And if they weren’t then either traded back or grab Lloyd 

it’s gonna be interesting to see how the use Dyami and Cam this year. If we draft a WR I think that may stunt the growth of Dyami, but if that’s BPA or we trade back and take WR I won’t hate it also

• Like 1

Juju went to a team with a great QB, not surprising that he went to a team like KC who needed a WR after trading away Hill. We had little shot of signing Juju to a similar contract, we would’ve had to overpay forum which I’d argue would’ve been worth it. I do hope we work re-sign DeAndre Carter to be our return man & 5th/6th WR. 

I doubt we’ll sign a veteran WR to compete with Brown & Sims to be our #3 CB & I doubt we’ll re-sign Humphries, but we may to be our definite slot WR, he was solid last year & could be better with a stronger armed QB like Wentz throwing to him.

I think/hope we re-sign Carter before the draft but, I think they’ll wait to see what happens in the draft before signing a better veteran.

14 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

These numbers make C Lucas contract seem like an outlier. $8 mill, 2 yrs for a swing tackle ? 

It’s probably an incentive laiden deal, like he’d get more money if he starts. Also, I’m glad someone finally realized the importance of our 3rd tackle! 3 years ago we should’ve had let TyNsekhe go!

The last two years we barely missed a step with Lucas as a starter when our starters got hurt or if weren’t good enough (Gerron Christian). Re-signing Lucas was a great re-signing, worth the $. I also wouldn’t hate someone’s idea I saw on Twitter or heard in the radio of moving Cosmi to RG & starting Lucas at RT. 🤷‍♂️