Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What about Landon Collins .? Want him back on the cheap? The league hasn't exactly overwhelmed him with come here offers !I I doubt he'd come back to Wash at any deal the way they fudged him over !

I heard a rumor that he’s considering retirement. My guess is he still wants him to play SS but teams don’t want him for that. He should’ve taken the 2nd restructure we offered him if he wanted to play but like a lot of vets do & their agents they overvalue their worth. I’m sure he thought he’d get signed as free agent to a contender right away. It hasn’t happened, he should’ve taken the restructure/pay cut to stay in DC.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Still plenty of guys to get after the draft/comp pick formula eliminated.

https://www.spotrac.com/spots/top-remaining-nfl-free-agents-1449/ 

That article is a little old as a few of those guys have signed places, but I agree that there is plenty of talent still out there and I expect us to pursue some after the draft. One we should all expect is Star Lotulelei. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

That article is a little old as a few of those guys have signed places, but I agree that there is plenty of talent still out there and I expect us to pursue some after the draft. One we should all expect is Star Lotulelei. 

Dang it. It is. It was being promoted as newer lol. My bad!

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Interesting. I feel like our FO burned that bridge pretty bad, but maybe not. 

I would imagine it comes down to how much you getting paid to move.

But yes it would be hard for me to go back to a job where they asked me to take a pay cut and I agreed then they came back and asked me to take a bigger one  and cut me when I refused.

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

I would imagine it comes down to how much you getting paid to move.

But yes it would be hard for me to go back to a job where they asked me to take a pay cut and I agreed then they came back and asked me to take a bigger one  and cut me when I refused.

Especially considering he knows the role he would play and was less than excited to play it last year. That being said he was pretty effective in the position when he wasnt asked to cover 50% of the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I would think so. He’s pretty good. 

@RSkinGMSteelers fans said Schobert was truly awful in coverage last year. The Steelers didn’t re-sign him, they signed Myles Jack instead to start next to Devin Bush & they have Spillane as their main back up.

I think if we signed Schobert, he would take over Mayo’s role as our MLB/run down LB when we go 3 traditional LBs.

As I said in another thread, I think they’re dead set decided that Holcomb & Davis will play 100% of the snaps as those 2 LBs when we’re in the nickel & two of the LBs when we have 3 on the field. As it stands right now - unless we sign another starting quality LB like the ones HogsHaven mentioned above, Landon Collins or AJ Klein - our 3rd LB seems to be set as Mayo & Hudson splitting the time there. 

Mayo will be in there at MLB on run downs, and Hudson will play the Buffalo nickel on passing downs - meaning most 2nd & 3rd medium to long when we’re in the nickel.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

@RSkinGMSteelers fans said Schobert was truly awful in coverage last year. The Steelers didn’t re-sign him, they signed Myles Jack instead to start next to Devin Bush & they have Spillane as their main back up.

I think if we signed Schobert, he would take over Mayo’s role as our MLB/run down LB when we go 3 traditional LBs.

As I said in another thread, I think they’re dead set decided that Holcomb & Davis will play 100% of the snaps as those 2 LBs when we’re in the nickel & two of the LBs when we have 3 on the field. As it stands right now - unless we sign another starting quality LB like the ones HogsHaven mentioned above, Landon Collins or AJ Klein - our 3rd LB seems to be set as Mayo & Hudson splitting the time there. 

Mayo will be in there at MLB on run downs, and Hudson will play the Buffalo nickel on passing downs - meaning most 2nd & 3rd medium to long when we’re in the nickel.

MLB is the position of need. I know Schobert can’t cover he would be in there to play the run. Not athletic to cover TE or RB.