Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

5 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's not "media pressure", per say.

This is Green Bay. It's not the top of the vacation destination list for most players. Once the HOF QB is gone, it won't have a guaranteed SB chance that's draws quality players in or convinces others to stay. If you have no HOF QB, don't play in a big or warm city, and a reputation for my way or the highway when it comes to contract offers, you'll start a worse stretch of Packers play than the 70s and 80s.

It still appalls me that so many people here still side with the billionaires with generational wealth over the players making millions for their families that have often been in poverty for decades.

Also - if anyone's rebuttal to this is some iteration of "BuT rOdGeRs CaNt WiN a SuPeR bOwL" then please close your mouth when you're breathing and wipe off the drool, you're making us look bad.

1. Bull**** that not bending over backwards for Rodgers makes this team garbage forever. Guys play for money. 

2. Absolutely GET ****ED with the "siding with Billionaires" argument. I'm siding with the franchise. I want the franchise to win games. The "Billionaire" is still going to be spending the money on players, just different players. Also, Rodgers family was not in poverty for decades. Rodgers is the wealthiest person associated with the Green Bay Packers. This entire paragraph of yours is entirely irrelevant.

3. Rodgers is looking more and more like he can't win a super bowl without an ELITE defense to carry him. His one success at it required the defense to carry him through an NFCCG. And even when they do carry him through a game (14 Seattle, 21 49ers, etc) he still throws up all over himself most of the time.

Can he win a Superbowl? Sure.

Should anybody expect it after a decade of pissing down his leg? Hell no.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's gone, the Pats got nothing and haven't been to the playoffs since, while Tom is in sunny FL, with another ring.

Yeah, damn them for not winning a SB in the first two years, they just got their QB for the next 15 years, and put together an elite defense.

As far as not getting anything . . . What do you think happens when Rodgers retires? That's why the trade was the ticket.

• Like 1