Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well at least we know Dan was the one who made this stupid trade. Guess we're definitely giving up that second round pick.

Everyone that works for this team is a puppet as long as Dan Snyder remains owner. Ron Rivera should be ashamed that he is lying to fans and players for Dan Snyder.

I don’t believe the rumors that Dan made Ron trade for Wentz. Maybe it will come up with more investigative reporting later in the year or after the season but Ron had been trying to trade for a vet QB for over a year when he tried to acquire Stafford. Ron had zero ambition to draft a QB high & to develop them, he’s tried to trade for several vets & finally struck the deal with the Colts for Wentz.

Unless there is some hard evidence which points out otherwise in the future, I’m not going to believe people just saying that’s what happened w/o any facts to back it up.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t believe the rumors that Dan made Ron trade for Wentz. Maybe it will come up with more investigative reporting later in the year or after the season but Ron had been trying to trade for a vet QB for over a year when he tried to acquire Stafford. Ron had zero ambition to draft a QB high & to develop them, he’s tried to trade for several vets & finally struck the deal with the Colts for Wentz.

Unless there is some hard evidence which points out otherwise in the future, I’m not going to believe people just saying that’s what happened w/o any facts to back it up.

Ron seemed pretty passionate about it but I just don’t believe Dan had nothing to do with this. My guess is Dan told Ron he wanted Carson and Ron did the rest. Did the study, came away impressed and made the trade but the original idea was brought up by Snyder. 

On 10/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, lavar703 said:

Ron seemed pretty passionate about it but I just don’t believe Dan had nothing to do with this. My guess is Dan told Ron he wanted Carson and Ron did the rest. Did the study, came away impressed and made the trade but the original idea was brought up by Snyder. 

I believe they discussed it. Regardless if it was Dan or Ron’s idea to begin with, Ron bought into it. I mean, outside of trying to trade for Wentz after Russ shunned us like Stafford last year, what was Ron going to do? Trade for Matt Ryan I guess would’ve been less draft compensation, sign Trubisky, Tyrod, Bridgewater or Mariota? 

I guess he could’ve drafted Pickett, but let’s be honest there were no elite QB talents in last years draft. 

Honestly, I don’t think Howell is far off from Pickett, I’ve never felt he was. So, we got a Pickett type prospect in round 5 who’s at worst going to be a good back up for us. 

They might actually luck box themselves into a top 10 QB this year by not planning on it if Heinicke/Wentz when he comes back can’t get them near .500. I’m thinking we’ll be picking around where Levis goes or Hooker.

Edited by turtle28