2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Once again the timing matters. Having money now is different than creating spacing later in the offseason. It has an impact, it definitely does. 

Why does the timing matter??

Why do we need the money now??

If there was a move on the table that we needed additional cap space for, we could make the necessary moves to get it done if needed. 

We could create space now if we wanted to. We could create space later if we wanted to.

And we don't know what moves Lynch and the FO is currently working on that we might not need to do any restructures. Its still very early... 

• Like 1

Will Hernandez to the Cardinals. He would have been a fair acquisition and one I wouldn't have minded making, but I'll admit that he's really, really bad in pass pro lol 

FYI, the 49ers can indeed carry Jimmy on the 53 this year, cap wise, look at my latest article.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/03/28/revisiting-my-way-way-too-early-49ers-2022-projected-roster-with-my-mock-draft/

The Deebo & Bosa deals won't take up much cap room, what they should do if they do cut/trade Jimmy is sit on that money, carryover as much as possible into 2023, as they really can't afford to add any big outside FAs like a Wagner, Gilmore, Julio, Mathieu, etc.... when they need to extend Bosa/Deebo & even Aiyuk next offseason, they'll need that extra money from JG, they could, realistically, carryover $12M-$14M, but if they choose to keep JG, they would need to do like 1 redo Trent saves $4.904M.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/28/report-kevin-burkhardt-takes-over-for-joe-buck-as-no-1-play-by-play-announcer-at-fox/

But Fox has explored other candidates. Per Marchand, Fox made overtures to Tom Brady, before he ended his brief retirement. Former Fox analyst John Lynch also has been mentioned as a potential candidate, if he’d be willing to leave his current gig as G.M. of the 49ers.

Seems like FOX is trying to get Lynch as their #1 analyst. 

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

No surprise indeed. I just want this saga to be over...I was really excited initially, but after 2019, his signing has made largely no impact other than occupying a roster spot. Yes, he did have a big impact in 2019, but 2 years of irrelevance are too many. 

• Like 3

I may have to flip to @J-ALL-DAY's side now. 

When you say "well we only had one big planned addition...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we had to curtail what we were able to do in free agency because we had to go with the scenario's that included Jimmy on the roster" I can't really have your back by saying, "well, they weren't going to spend anyway because these were ticketed for extensions" 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This feels like to me that we are banking on people in house to be the starters. 

Which is what good teams do. You just better hope your scouting was on point or else.........

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I may have to flip to @J-ALL-DAY's side now. 

When you say "well we only had one big planned addition...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we had to curtail what we were able to do in free agency because we had to go with the scenario's that included Jimmy on the roster" I can't really have your back by saying, "well, they weren't going to spend anyway because these were ticketed for extensions" 

I'm just ready for this saga to end. Lynch will make sure all his bases are covered with his comments lol. They clearly want SOMETHING out of a trade with Jimmy. I wonder if he did not have his shoulder surgery, what team would have traded for him?